• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dezert People 11 Video Trailer & Premiere Tour Info

El Mamito USMC

DP11.jpg

Curtis Guise

Administrator
New premiere in Mexicali has been added! October 1st with the CODE race drawing. It will be at a bar or Mexicana Logistics.

Tonight's premiere is at BNS Brewing in Santee. Tomorrow's is at the Studio Movie Grill in Scottsdale, AZ. The first post in this thread has links to details.

El Mamito USMC

for all who hasnt got it yet. its sick.. way better than the 10th..

but no love for us, the handlebar class.. :(

flyingford

Pricing and Admission for the race and the VORRA Prairie City DP11 premier:

Dezert People 11 DVD's $25.00 and Blu-Ray's $30.00. If you're wearing an admission wristband (VORRA members and spectators/crew that paid admission at the gate) you will save $5.00.

If you're coming for the DP11 premier only on Saturday there is no admission charge at the gate after 4pm. This will allow you to see practice, qualifying and the premier at 8pm. Just let the gate person know you're there for the premier only.

Weekend admission for the race is $10 adults, less for Juniors and free for kids (not sure of ages for each). Camping is free.

All persons entering will need to sign a release waiver.

www.vorra.net/Joomla/index.php/2014-race-season/races/september-sizzler-prairie-city-svra/flyer-2

Samco Fab

For those Reno Sparks racers that are not heading down to the Vorra short course race, come on down to the Desert People 11 premiere this Friday, starting around 5:30, movie at 7:30. We are having a free Tailgate swap meet, so bring your extra parts to trade and sell. We will have a Taco Truck and BrewChatter will be serving microbrews. Bring the family and your off road machine!

RoostDog

Curtis - Good to see the update on the San Luis Obispo show. Cool venue out on the beach, that will be different. I am already strategizing how to keep the sand off my super-buttery popcorn.

I am concerned with one element, do I need to buy admission to HuckFest to see the premiere? I have enjoyed prior premiere's on the central coast. My chase co-dog and I had started plans to attend this year's at the Palm Theater. However, I don't want to purchase HuckFest admission just to watch the premiere. My only purpose at HuckFest would be the premiere as the remainder of the event is not my cup of tea.

For the record, I am all for the HuckFest. I admire the brothers for going the legitimate route and engaging State Parks for the permits. I can appreciate the lengths they go to to obtain the permits as I was a member of the local motorcycle club that would obtain the permits for the WORCS races. Congratulations to all the HuckFest attendees for a fun, safe, and entertaining weekend.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
@RoostDog This premiere is being put on by Poly Performance again and they decided to do it out there this year. I just heard back from the guys at Huckfest and since it is 3 miles in down the beach you will need the $35 day pass which is good until 11pm and includes the concert that they are putting on after DP11 plays. The alternative is to park and hike in the 3 miles from the entry point but I doubt anyone will want to do that… I'm sure there will be some more people in your situation but ultimately allot more people will have an opportunity to see it compared to having it at the theater so that's why they are doing it out there.

RoostDog

Understood Curtis, thanks for the details. A cool venue for sure with an interested and already present audience. Admittedly good exposure for Poly Performance. Bummer, not sure I'll make it out there.