dezert people video

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
In the dezert people the movie whos truck is the 88-98 silver chevy that is at the beginning of thrices song turbo torch? Before newhans red chevy. Any specs on the chevy?

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
That silver chevy is tits. Does anyone have any pictures? Is it the stock chevy frame or not? 4 link in the rear right? He moved the bed into the cab a few inches.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
As John said it was Newhan's silver Chevy, but he sold it and bought his old Chevy that he rebuilt and painted red. I am not sure who bought it but I think I remember hearing that a friend or family member of Ragland's bought it.

I do have some close up pictures of the silver truck at home. I will try to post them later. And yes it has a 4-link and I am not sure about the frame. I think under the cab would only have some of the stock frame left.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Bob Shepard bought it from Newhan and rebuilt the back of it, Then Jeff Darland bought it. That thing is pretty bitchin.

Salvador

Reaction
What I remember its square tube chasis under de cab, rear 4 link, stock 345 Hp 350 motor from a corvette, stock 400 transmission, and alot of whhel travel front and back.
Check out the Off Road Page (The magazine site, www.off-roadweb.com), this truck was at this magazine like a year and a half (Think).
Hope it serve you this info

Mexican PreRunner

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
How is this. these should be enough for you...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jdfab.com/temp/silverchevy/index.htm>http://www.jdfab.com/temp/silverchevy/index.htm</A>

not sure why they would rebuild the entire back of the truck. from what I heard it worked great.

DougM

Reaction
Pretty cool truck for being built in a garage. Mark works wonders with steel!
Hes built quite a few vehicles. That Red Ranger, and the older Chevy thtas shown on this site as well(used to be owned by Don Hatz for a bit)

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Curtis, they moved the fuel cell up and moved the coolers and ran dual side by side spares standing out back.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
That truck looks pretty close to Chevy Robby's prerunner. Isn't Robby's I Beam though? I can't remember.

See ya in the dirt!

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Yes Robbys is I-beam. He bought it off the Rusich brothers. They sold it and had the red one built that was at Malibu Dans event.