dezert truck meeting - aug 3

mattrick8888

Reaction
we are going to get together some dezert truck/prerunner meetings in the future. first one is set for august 3rd. check the link for all the details.

meeting info

mattrick8888

Reaction
here is jordans post for those who dont want to click the link-

Ok the meeting is a GO!

Date: Sunday August 3rd - Tustin Marketplace - Tustin, CA
Time: High Noon
Location: Ikea parking lot (Ikea is closed now and the lot is always empty)

I chose Tustin Marketplace for a few reasons. The first being this is the First meeting I/We are setting up and there is no way to tell what the show will be. TM is a big place and easy to find. The Ikea lot is always empty these days since the store closed down. There are 4 fast food places right there you can walk to and get food.

I also want people to know that this event is not related to Dezertrangers, Jordansrealm or any other affiliation or website at this point. This is just a group of guys/girls that wanna get together and checkout some trucks, chat and grab some food.

TM is a very busy place with lots of people and stores. There is also a regular police force cruising around so please be mature and dont cause trouble. With this being non related to anyone or anything if you do do something stupid its all on you but please dont be the guy that ruins everyones day because you have to show up doing a burnout or something stupid.

Also, if you represent a company, clothing line, another website, forum, club , crew , etc please do not promote, sell ,distribute, pass-out or give away anything that will make this meeting into a marketing ploy. Right now we want to keep this very casual and dont want to make people feel unwelcome because someone is trying to make them buy their stuff or visit their site. Just so you know we dont want this not just because of personal choice but legal reasons.

I think this could lead to great things and better meetings. Depending on how this one goes we can organize another and mix up locations. There will not be a set place to eat or a group meeting or anything like that just show up and hangout. There is no ending time just try and show around Noon and have a good time.

Directions:

From North of Tustin via 405
405 South
55 North
5 South
exit Jamboree - turn left
follow under fwy
2nd light is El Camino Real - left
1st left at Taco Bell - Ikea lot is right in front of you

From North of Tustin via 5
5 South
exit Jamboree - turn left
follow above

From South of Tustin
5 North
exit Jamboree - right
follow above

From Riverside and east of Tustin
91 West
55 South
5 South
exit Jamboree - left
follow above

That should cover directions for everyone. See you there!

Jordan

In_the_works

Reaction
So you won't be heading out to ocotillo or another offroading area afterwards?

bajaboy

Reaction
Finally a meeting close to home ! I'll be there Jordan !

Bajaboy aka Eric

beamdream

Reaction
Who would want to sit in a parking lot and look at stupid trucks in the hot sun..? Thats so retarded.

bajaboy

Reaction
Are these the trucks that are high in the front with white fenders ? J/K

Bajaboy

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Just like the prerunner meeting at Duffco last year!

homey

Reaction
Those look like some famous last words!

I have not met too many people on here but I plan to make it out there. I got a little green Tacoma with some black fenders and black wheels!

DezTacomaMx23

Reaction
Lets not ruin it for every 1 this is a public place and the cops would be there in a sec if some 1 called just go out check out the trucks shot the [daddy didnt love me] with every 1 eat some grub and have a good time. Josh

Jordan

Reaction
I have a feeling this meeting is going to be very short. People are not figuring things out. I am getting tons of emails from people asking if they can setup EZ-UP's and booths and can they pass out shirts and cards ad so forth. This parking lot is PRIVATE PROPERTY and is owned by the Tustin Community. We are simply using the lot for parking while we all get lunch at one of the FFood places and hangout. Please do not turn this into anything that is going to make it end it 5 minutes like setting up an EZ-UP. If you want shade go to Taco Bell and take a break from the sun and have a coke.

Why arent people figuring this out.