Did you know it is against Mexican Federal Law to import 91 octane fuel?

what's up with that

RDC Crypto
So how do they do it? How is it that some businesses that provide services for off-road racers racing in Mexico import sealed drums of "fresh US 91 octane" into mexico from the US? It is against Mexican Federal Law for anyone and I mean anyone to import 91 octane fuel into Mexico. It is a federal crime. Racers are being led to believe they are purchasing US 91 octane fuel and they are being charged super high prices for it. Something is just not right here. Buyer beware. Don't be fooled by this scam. Do your research. Ask questions. If you are under the impression that you are getting sealed drums of US 91 octane fuel delivered to you in Mexico for your race you are being scammed. What you are probably getting is Pemex with some type of octane booster in it sealed up and made to look as if it was imported. This has been going on for a while and I was just wondering...What's up with that???????????????????????????

jowoog

RDC Crypto
spark this baby up ,...

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Curious. Could we carry our own pump gas fuel down (in drums) to cover our race in the future? I know there has been lots of discussion about SCORE mandating fuel suppliers, etc. , as well. I guess I have not considered all the logistics for a Baja race IRT fuel.

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
I do not believe you can cross the border with full drums. But you can bring empty ones and fill them at Pemex once you are down there...

McCredie A

RDC Crypto
I was always under the impression that you cannot bring fuel to Mexico. Race fuels are taken across the border by people that have taken the correct steps, is it any different for the same people to being 91 octane? They are both being used for race purposes, most likely.

El Mamito USMC

RDC Crypto
You are correct about it being against the law, but the other?
Why would you take 91 with ethanol, when you can get Pemex 93 without?

93?? are you sure? i have never seen that.. only 91 and i prefer to run 87 US gas than pemex 91...

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
If you are under the impression that you are getting sealed drums of US 91 octane fuel delivered to you in Mexico for your race you are being scammed.
this is a pretty big accusation. I'm curious what proof you have.

Wendell #527

RDC Crypto
Website
www.riff-raffdesertracing.com
You can bring in small cans of gas for "personal use". I have done it before and had no problems. In big races, I just use Mag 7 so I haven't been bringing any race gas down there lately. I will have to for the Record race in 3 weeks, though. I wonder how much race gas you guys have gotten away with bringing across the border. I mean is one 5 gal can OK, or is an 11 gal dump can OK. I suspect the 11 gal can might be pushing it. What is you guys' experience with that? When does it become an issue?

trentk

RDC Crypto
Website
www.kendallrace.com
wendell last time across they hassled us in mexicali for having 2 5 gallon containers full. they were also hassling me because I didn't haev the registration for my quad only the title. Which of course the title means everything in the rearl world but at the border they want registration they don't care about the title. So maybe we just got unlucky. We basically had to pay them a $20 fee and they let us go. Now when I go I don't bother trying to take any fuel in cans.

Mxrider99

RDC Crypto
You can bring in small cans of gas for "personal use". I have done it before and had no problems. In big races, I just use Mag 7 so I haven't been bringing any race gas down there lately. I will have to for the Record race in 3 weeks, though. I wonder how much race gas you guys have gotten away with bringing across the border. I mean is one 5 gal can OK, or is an 11 gal dump can OK. I suspect the 11 gal can might be pushing it. What is you guys' experience with that? When does it become an issue?

Pull all the logos, make sure its a yellow drum. Write "Diesel" All over it

have gotten a few hundred gallons of race fuel over the border doing this... In plain sight right in a chase truck..... Maybe one day they will pull it off my truck, But it sure as hell beats 1000$/barrel for gas down there.. In vegas i can buy 112 leaded at the pump for 6.00$/gallon

Wendell #527

RDC Crypto
Website
www.riff-raffdesertracing.com
Thanks for the tips mexrider and Trent. I too got a little flack going down to B1k because my race car had no registration. I'm green stickering it now. 5 gal of fuel in each chase vehicle sounds best. On another note they nearly didn't let me back into the US because of mud on my race car. After 3 hours in line they were gonna make me go back into Mexico and clean it, then start over at the end of the line. We talked them out of it, but remember to wash it before you cross the border, guys...