Did you know it is against Mexican Federal Law to import 91 octane fuel?

arqangel67

RDC Crypto
Speaking borders who waited in line at the TJ border and how long did it take? I got into TJ @ 6:30pm and got a whole 2 blocks in 1hr 15min. I ended up driving to tecate and waited 5min. to cross

BUSBY

Scrambler
RDC Crypto
Website
www.racefuel.com
So tell us, who is selling this "fresh 91 USA pump gas" ... it isn't VP or F&L, It isn't Amber Racing Services.

I like the alias name instead of logging in under your own name.

BUSBY

Scrambler
RDC Crypto
Website
www.racefuel.com
For the record, it is illegal to bring containers (any size) of gasoline (no matter what the octane) into Mexico. You have to have special importation licenses to have this. You also have to have a Mexican Hazardous Materials endorsement on your license (just like you do here in the states) if you are driving with more than 1000lbs of fuel in your vehicle on a highway.

There are only a few people (4 that I know of) that have their importation license for 2013. None of them are American citizens ... all are Mexican business people and operate their own businesses.

You might have been able to sneak a few gallons in or talk your way around it ... but bottom line, it's against the law.

arqangel67

RDC Crypto
It's only against the law when it is enforced, I don't know about sneaking it in considering the gas cans are in the back of most peoples trucks including my own. Just saying.

FIF

RDC Crypto
Website
www.pfluegerracing.com
We have been sent back to wash our race truck as well. Not fun on a Sunday afternoon. The line sucks once... Twice is miserable.

I brought a single 5gal can and didn't even get a look this time. I guess I've been lucky that I've never been stopped for fuel at the border.

VeryFast

RDC Crypto
Website
www.RRMarkets.com
The Pemex Stations in Baja are usually filled with Gasoline from Ports along the California Coast. I don' know who supplies the gasoline from California now, but for many, many years it was Chevron. It is cheaper for Pemex to buy and transport in Tankers from the california coast than it is to get there own product over from Mainland Mexico where it is produced.

I have personnaly hauled 8200 gallon transporters into Tijuana. In the late 90's, I sold 4000 gallons of Unocal 92 unleaded at Valle de Trinidad at the Baja 500.

Pemex is good fuel per statements from the major refineries in the United States. Get your Pemex from a busy station and you will be fine.

martein

RDC Crypto
There is a reason they don't want US fuel over there. The ethonol in the fuel eats the rubber hoses on the older cars and can cause a leak resulting in an engine fire. We have to make sure to empty our fuel cell within a few days of our races or the rubber pickup lines will get soft and collapse. We have run a lot of PEMEX with no issues.

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
What a dumb thread. Firearms are illegal in Mex, but you can get a permit for that too.

BUSBY

Scrambler
RDC Crypto
Website
www.racefuel.com
The Pemex Stations in Baja are usually filled with Gasoline from Ports along the California Coast. I don' know who supplies the gasoline from California now, but for many, many years it was Chevron. It is cheaper for Pemex to buy and transport in Tankers from the california coast than it is to get there own product over from Mainland Mexico where it is produced.

I have personnaly hauled 8200 gallon transporters into Tijuana. In the late 90's, I sold 4000 gallons of Unocal 92 unleaded at Valle de Trinidad at the Baja 500.

Pemex is good fuel per statements from the major refineries in the United States. Get your Pemex from a busy station and you will be fine.

This is a true statement. Most fuel in Northern Baja is the same as the fuel in the states. Busy Pemex stations have fresh good gasoline.

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
You can only bring firearms to Mexico to being use at a range on a competition or going hunting.. You cant bring and transport firearms for personal protection.

Okay.. So?

Gasoline is for competition and recreational use, not personal protection.

Next issue.

jkkirk

RDC Crypto

Last I heard, the premium was coming from ARCO or BP in California.

PaulW

RDC Crypto
Living in Baja is a very good regarding gas for our rigs the. PMEX gas is very good and the US stations import their gas from the US and none of the gas sold in Baja has alcohol. What you get is unleaded. I use mostly ARCO and they sell top tier gas. Turns out that all the gas is conservatively rated meaning the 91 and 87 seem to be higher than the pump label.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
You won’t get a permit. There are around 200 permits issued in the entire country. They just don’t give them out.
I’ve seen many hunting videos in Mexico. Not sure how they pull it off but I was really curious while prerunning into Sanyo Tomas and saw more quail in 5 miles than anywhere in my entire life.