• Forum membership has its advantages....

Diesel Pro truck

Would you be interested in seeing a diesel powered Pro truck racing short course?

• Total voters

shockerfmx

Is there anything that would stop a driver from building a pro 2 or pro 4 for either TORC or LOORRS using a diesel? I was watching Monster Jam one day and saw they have a series running their events that look like a cross between a super truck and a ultra 4 rig. One of them runs a duramax. I was thinking it would be interesting to try running a diesel in a pro 2 or pro 4. I know it has been done in trophy trucks for desert racing, so it wouldn't be a "new" thing for a off road racing truck to run a diesel. In my quick scan of the rule books I did not see anything that ruled out the option of running a diesel though. I think it would be cool to see someone like Banks or Industrial Injection sponsoring a pro driver in TORC and bringing that diesel crowed into the series too... Just some thoughts of mine and wondering what other peoples knowledge of the rules and concept is

Dirty Harry

PTR-22 of the LOORRS rule book specifies a carburetor and states that no forced induction is allowed. That pretty much rules out a Diesel engine.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

shockerfmx

That was my thoughts... if you cold keep traction it would be great. A land rush start at crandon might be hard to dial in, but leaving a corner you could be strapped onto a rocket...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ziggy

Brian Hinman was toying with a duramax Pro 2 in 2008/9. TORC from what I remember said they would entertain it if he built it and would let it run at Crandon as a prototype. Never happened as he quit racing soon after.

mike337

Brian 'hole shot' Hinman was doing fine and getting some TV time with what he had. He was kind of a David vs Goliath type story.

Ziggy

Brian 'hole shot' Hinman was doing fine and getting some TV time with what he had. He was kind of a David vs Goliath type story.
Brian bought RJ's old truck and had the hole shot a few times. In Crandon he was in the lead on the last lap and got tangled with lap traffic and wrecked going into the gravel pit. He had raw talent and no fear. Shame really to see him quit but we all do at some stage.