Different Tacoma Radiator......

motoxscott

Reaction
I was curious if anyone has changed out their OEM radiator on their Tacoma "Prerunner" ?

The stock one hangs down a little to far than I like on my brothers truck. Ideally, I would like to move it to the back, but that is too much work and $$ right now. I was thinking about going with a thicker core one that was a little shorter, say 3-4". This will give a little more needed clearance when it fully bottoms nose down and digs the bumper into the ground.

Anyone know of anything cheap that would cross over other than having Griffen build an aluminum one? If we have to go full custom, we'll just wait and plumb it to the back. That will help with weight distribution anyway.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
ask your own brother! Talk to Kevin Smuckler, I also have a CAD design of the modified Tacoma radiator and Kevin knows the company that will make it. You just have to go one core bigger. I have tried talking to griffin, and there is no hope for less than $700.00. Kevins number is: 310-787-1562. I would also get a different fan at the same time.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."