dilema

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
so heres the problem. i am not 100% sure my clutch is going out. so i have talked to a few people and they say it might be the gearing its stock with 31's. i have the money to do one or the other but i dont wantto do the clutch and its not that. i know if i do gears if i still have the problem hey i got new gears and limited slip. but i dont want gears cause i want a new rear end. i know gearing is slightly more expensive i just want the problem to go away. i think my clutch is sliping but i only notice it on hills really steep ones and i dont seem to feel it anywhere else. what would you do if you had the money for one or the other?

Gregg

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Well if you do the gears it will the feel of slipping go away..that is if it is not completely shot and you will still need to eventually do a clutch. If you do the clutch and not the gears it will feel fine again, but then you will stil be overworking the clutch and it will not last as long as it would if you had gears. I would say go for the gears, save up and when the clutch completely craps out get a clutch.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

tedmales

if you get going about 25 mph and put it into 5th gear and floor it, if its gonna slip thats when it will do it, if not, it should still be good.

life is too short to be small

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
well itried that. and nothing happend the motor just bogged and wouldnt rev past 2200 so if im gertting what your saying my clutch isnt bad? i dont think im gonna do anything till the clutch goes out completely or i can aford a new complete rear end.

Gregg

curt

Do that check with the truck both hot and cold but if it doesn't slip in a high gear its not bad. If you have too high a ratio you will lose performance as well as wear out the clutch faster since you'll be using it more to get you rolling. Curt

VORRA Class 7

tedmales

without driving it i cannot be sure, but it sounds like its good to me. i would leave it alone and change gears, but if you are really worried, maybe hold on to your $$ untill you have money to do both, then do the gears and if the clutch acts up you will be able to take care of it, instead of being assed out.

life is too short to be small