• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dimple Dies

57chevy

Hey Guys, Where can I find dimple dies for the best price? I have heard that some are made from 1018, but I want something that will last. Any opinions??

Thanks,
John

bajaherbie

pacific customs sells them in a set or individually..... probably not made from the best material though.

DBMETALWORX

Mittler bros.

I got a 1018 set from Barbed Wire Offroad over on Pirate.I have done about 1k holes in 16ga. with my 2"die and it is no worse for the wear.I debur all my holes after I punch them so I think that helps prevent wear.

The sets they make now are 4140.

57chevy

Thanks for the replies guys. I got some information on a set of 3 for $100.00 and $7.00 shipping at a site called www.straightlineinnovations.com The sizes they have are 3/4, 1-1/4, and 1-3/4 inch dies made from 4140. probably check them out, but thanks for all the info !
John

hayseed

I just got a set off of a vendor at Pirate 4x4, I think his name over there was Bobbyjoe. They are 1018 I believe 1/2" up to 3" and a dzuse fastner die. cost was around $240 including shipping, he's located in El Cajon if I remember correctly.
The quality looks good, I haven't had a chance to use any yet. We'll see if they were worth the investment.

Truxxx

We use the Calprefun / LeDuc dimple dies at our shop they are awesome and they are 4130 Heat treated.

JimmyD

I just put a larger bottom die in, with a smaller top die, and run it through our scotchman ironworker. works really good, punches and dimples at the same time, looks slightly different than a true dimple die would.