Directions from the 14FWY to Lucerne?

TheWebWheeler

Reaction
Website
www.thewebwheeler.com
I'm looking for directions to Lucerne from the 14FWY..

I normally head to Vegas etc...via the 14FWY to pearblossom hwy to the 138 to the 18 to the 15.

& I know at this point, that I'm close to lucerne..
shrug.gif

do I stay on HWY138?
or take HWY18 into Victorville?

You see its at the 138/18 split that I get lost..

Thanks for any help you can give.
cheers.gif

& how close to the course is there any sort of stores for food & maybe hotel rooms etc etc....:confused:

1450-ranger

Reaction
Website
www.giantmotorsports.com
Don't know exactly which way would be faster, but the last 10 miles before the 138 connects to the 15 there is major construction, and you can't take it. Just a heads up, there is an alternate route, and isn't much of a delay.

TheWebWheeler

Reaction
Website
www.thewebwheeler.com
Ok so your saying the 138 is the normal way to go?

what if I head into Victorville via the 18?
Once I hit the 15 should I go south to???

Or what the best route
6.gif

Oh yeah one more queston....
Once we get there are there any sort of Bathroom facilities?
or do we have to squat behind our rigs?

JGunn

Lone Gunnman
Reaction
The 18 east to Lucerne

JGunn

Lone Gunnman
Reaction
18 through victorville, take Rabbit Springs Rd. (to the left) to Camp Rock Rd. (left)

**JM**

Reaction
The 18 is Palmdale rd which if you stay on it will take you to down town Victorville. The best way for you to go would be either:

A: Take Palmdale rd. (18) until you get to the 15. Take the 15 south to Bearvalley rd. ( lots of traffic) straight on Bear Valley Rd. to the 247/18 and take a right. Head out to Lucerne.

or

B: Take the Palmdale rd. (18) to the 15 north off at D st. which is the 18, take a right and this turns into the 247 and take this straight out to Lucerne.

Hope i didn't confuse you!

TheWebWheeler

Reaction
Website
www.thewebwheeler.com
The 18 is Palmdale rd which if you stay on it will take you to down town Victorville. The best way for you to go would be either:

A: Take Palmdale rd. (18) until you get to the 15. Take the 15 south to Bearvalley rd. ( lots of traffic) straight on Bear Valley Rd. to the 247/18 and take a right. Head out to Lucerne.

or

B: Take the Palmdale rd. (18) to the 15 north off at D st. which is the 18, take a right and this turns into the 247 and take this straight out to Lucerne.

Hope i didn't confuse you!

How much time will D st. save me?
& how far north until I reach D st?

SuperDave

Reaction
MDR does rent several port-a-potties, so those will be out there. In addition, the BLM constructed a vault (pit) toilet near the edge of Anderson Dry Lake, against the hills, approx. 1500-2000 feet from Camp Rock Road. It looks just like the ones they built off Bessemer Mine Road and Barstow's Outlet Center Drive. But take your own T.P.

TheWebWheeler

Reaction
Website
www.thewebwheeler.com
MDR does rent several port-a-potties, so those will be out there. In addition, the BLM constructed a vault (pit) toilet near the edge of Anderson Dry Lake, against the hills, approx. 1500-2000 feet from Camp Rock Road. It looks just like the ones they built off Bessemer Mine Road and Barstow's Outlet Center Drive. But take your own T.P.

Thanks dude, Packing the TP now! :eek:

Alski

Reaction
I find the best way to go is to Victorville (18).
In Victorville, Get on the 15 South, Get off on Bear Valley rd (it's the first off ramp).
Drive down Bear Valley (East), when Bear Valley connects with Hwy 18 go right (East), 18 connects with 247 (full stop intersection) and you would stay straight, now it is 247 (18 goes up to Big Bear (South).
Camp Rock rd is about 5 miles East from the 18/247 intersection.
Hwy to start going up Camp Rock is about 11 miles.
They will have portapotties and at the intersection of 18/247 there is a place to eat etc.
I think total distance from the freeway to Camp Rock rd is about 38 miles.
Could be a bit of wind acording to Weather, they are posting 10-15mph and 88 deg.

Should be a fun race weekend.

Jack

Reaction

Must be new, I have not seen any of those.