Dirt 2 demo........ Go download it!!!

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
on online racing, i hold back on starts, and ride the high line around turns, and than you will still probably get wrecked once during the race.
if you take the low line, and get a little sideways, you're dead.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I think the problem is that since the demo is free, most people will just go on there and not care bout winning, but once they have to shell out $60 to buy it, they'll take it more serious....imo

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I'm downloading it for PS3 now, we'll see if there's any differnce between the xbox live players and psn players...only one way to tell :D

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Ok, testing time. For the next half hour or so I'll race PSNers online then I'll do a half hour or so on xbox live. I'll give my honest opinion (non biased loomis) and put that question to rest

Besides, I only plan to race ppl on my friends list when the game is out so it wont matter to me :)

ChromolyKid

Reaction
I've played both Gran Turismo and Forza.

Forza is much more "sim" than GT.

Your argument holds no merit whatsoever.

X2! Forza OWNS Gran Turismo. Can't wait for the third one!

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
race one, ps3: 2nd place, very clean race

My 2nd and 3rd were rally so I raced shadows.

My 4th and final race was baja, the first thing they did was try to take me out, I got spun out before the first turn, I came back and won it but that sucked.

Reason it's my last race is my right index finger is starting to hurt, never realized how much the ps3 controller sucked until now.

Gonna try 360 now

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Loomis, this is not a biased opinion, but I honestly think Dirt 2 also looks better on 360. I'll have to bring it over to your pad so you can see it or vice versa

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Well my first xbox live race, everyone took each other out and I slipped by clean! jajaja, I won the race even after I spun myself out twice

Big difference for sure, 360 players are in it for the demolition not the racing so far

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I played a few more and everyone seemed to be racing clean.

The problem is these trucks spin wayyyyyyyyyyy to easily and they handle like crap. I hope it's not like this in the real game, it really kills the head to head action online. You're forced to race and stay clean and even then, one bad move and your truck pulls a 180

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
All we need now is for someone to download it on the Wii and give us their opinion on it. I would but I dont have it connected to the internet

michael_loomis

Reaction
Thats how it the game will be too as far as handling..

Nice report.. I'd rep ya, but I gotta spread it around first. :D

I dont doubt that it looks better on 360. PC launch is delayed till december to work with directx 11. I'm really getting over the PS3 hype. Doesn't matter much if its got better potential if nobody is going to make games to take advantage of it.

Chromolykid... why do you feel Forza owns GT?

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Thats how it the game will be too as far as handling..

Nice report.. I'd rep ya, but I gotta spread it around first. :D

I dont doubt that it looks better on 360. PC launch is delayed till december to work with directx 11. I'm really getting over the PS3 hype. Doesn't matter much if its got better potential if nobody is going to make games to take advantage of it.

Chromolykid... why do you feel Forza owns GT?

Thanks, I would really like to find some time and bring it over to your house or you here just so we can have a second opion.

Really wish I had the Wii hooked up so I can try it on there.

As far as rep, dont worry about it, that red dot looks good on me :D

ttucker77

Reaction
The PS3 demo is finally up! I gotta get used to the rally aspect lol. Did pretty well online with the TT but of course had a few collisions with people that can't hold it straight.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I'm not too impressed to be honest so far, I'm actually second guessing myself on even purchasing it yet. If I was working I'd buy it no problem but since I'm going on unemployment in a few weeks after my severance is up, $ is tight. The game is great but the handling needs some work

I wouldn't doubt it if ign gave it a mid 8 score

michael_loomis

Reaction
Thanks, I would really like to find some time and bring it over to your house or you here just so we can have a second opion.

Really wish I had the Wii hooked up so I can try it on there.

As far as rep, dont worry about it, that red dot looks good on me :D

Bring it over... our TV is BOMB for HD games.. 120hz Samsung..