DiRT 2 Downloadable Content

ckblum

Reaction
What kinda things do you guys wanna see coming up for DLC?

I'd really like to see a Ranger or Toyota Pickup in the "Stock Baja" class, what about you?

michael_loomis

Reaction
Dirt 1 physics? :)

I'm sure they will give us silly stuff like liveries, dash toys, vids, etc., but hopefully they throw in new rides every once in awhile.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
I wouldn't mind getting the Corr tracks from the first game, especially Crandon, now that we can race online.

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
Dirt 1 physics? :)

I'm sure they will give us silly stuff like liveries, dash toys, vids, etc., QUOTE]

ha ha I agree 100% they can keep the dash toys and give us the dirt 1 physics

ckblum

Reaction
I dunno why people keep whining about it, if you want DiRT 1 go play DiRT 1. It's supposed to be a different game and I think it turned out pretty good. My friends couldn't drive in DiRT 1 to save their lives, DiRT 2 is a bit easier but still takes skill and you can learn to drive quite a bit easier and still have tons of fun in the cars. It's more user friendly but I can see how that could disappoint some people, but doing point to point rally's is more fun now that there are actually cars and its possible to pass and drive by accidents like real life.

My only complaint so far are the TT's drive sticks of poo replaced the shocks, but I like the stock baja class anyways. Oh and having split screen would've been kinda nice but my friend has 2 big TV's and 2 Xbox's set up for LAN parties at his shop so we can just system link. Would be nice to have at home though.

michael_loomis

Reaction
I dunno why people keep whining about it, if you want DiRT 1 go play DiRT 1. It's supposed to be a different game and I think it turned out pretty good. My friends couldn't drive in DiRT 1 to save their lives, DiRT 2 is a bit easier but still takes skill and you can learn to drive quite a bit easier and still have tons of fun in the cars. It's more user friendly but I can see how that could disappoint some people, but doing point to point rally's is more fun now that there are actually cars and its possible to pass and drive by accidents like real life.

My only complaint so far are the TT's drive sticks of poo replaced the shocks, but I like the stock baja class anyways. Oh and having split screen would've been kinda nice but my friend has 2 big TV's and 2 Xbox's set up for LAN parties at his shop so we can just system link. Would be nice to have at home though.
pot, meet kettle.

See, that's the thing.. It shouldn't be a totally different game. It is still DIRT. If we wanted a totally different game, we would buy Baja, Motorstorm, Fuel, etc.

Do you know what the word sequel means??

It SHOULD be same platform, more vehicles, more tracks, more details.

Next thing you need to do, is learn the difference between bonafide whining, and constructive criticism. We all acknowledge that it's more arcade now and less sim. 90% of us still like it, just think it could be better.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I dont like it but I'm forced to play it for now. I still regret buying it and wish I had gotten Rockband Beatles instead. I only whine and complain because I'm not a big fan of racing games, I only bought it because it's an off road racing game. It will most likely be the last racing game I buy on the release date. I like it, but I wish I had waited for Ratchet and Clank or just got Rockband Beatles.

baja619

Reaction
Oh yeah, Ratchet and Clank!

I used to buy those game titles for my little nephew. I ended up playing them quite a bit.

3D of 3DCS

Reaction
I wouldn't mind getting the Corr tracks from the first game, especially Crandon, now that we can race online.
I'll drink to that!

Also, IMHO this game did nothing but improve on the original. I don't know how you can be complaining about the physics, the physics engine they used in this game is 3rd generation from the original DiRT. Grid got the second gen physics, which was clearly better than DiRT's physics. Yeah you spin out way too easy when somebody clips you, but that may be something they're working on fixing with an update. Seriously though, the way your vehicle reacts depending on its handling, speed, and acceleration coupled with what surface you're driving on is amazing. Haters wanna hate, I guess.

I don't know guys, but I don't have anything to complain about, except for people I race against online who don't know what the hell they're doing, or just ram into you on purpose because they feel like it. It's fun as hell though when you have 3 or 4 guys on a team who just demolished the other players because they don't know how to drive.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Your right about the driving surface, they did an excellent job on that part. Too bad everything is flat. What disappeared is the fluid suspension movement. You could feel it cycle 20+ inches of travel. Now it feels like all the unlimited stuff has 10" or less.

Overall.. I love the game. Just some things I wish were different. They can't change physics much with a patch.

3D of 3DCS

Reaction
Your right about the driving surface, they did an excellent job on that part. Too bad everything is flat. What disappeared is the fluid suspension movement. You could feel it cycle 20+ inches of travel. Now it feels like all the unlimited stuff has 10" or less.

Overall.. I love the game. Just some things I wish were different. They can't change physics much with a patch.
That is true, I never really thought about the suspension much. But the suspension does feel right at least. It didn't seem to work as well as it should have in DiRT. Haha, if nothing else, you can always crank the ride height all the way up to 5! I do wish the vehicles were more customizable like they were in DiRT. I'm sure they dumbed it down for your regular gamer who doesn't fiddle with that stuff much, but I really wanted it extreme for this game. I wanted customizable tire grooves and everything. Hell, leadfoot had that option. One of these days, we'll get a true off-road racing sim (I hope).

michael_loomis

Reaction
Exactly!! They us some great stuff! They did however do this with one major goal in mind, and it wasn't to suit the hardcore sim fan.

If your car didn't handle good in dirt 1, that's all on YOU. lol

the few changes you can make on 2, don't seem to do much. Gearing is huge, the rest are minor.

I'd bet that if all you guys got used to a good steering wheel, you would notice the loss of wheel travel much more.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Sorry to get this thread off track...

I definately think Crandon and Bark River should be added, if there not. Are you guys sure they aren't in the Land rush maps?

ckblum

Reaction
Yea, I heard someone mention a Toyota stadium truck? I dunno what that was about but I just started so I haven't unlocked much yet.

I would just really like to see some more compact pickups like Rangers and Toyotas in the Stock Baja class.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Ya I unlocked it last night. Haven't driven it yet, no idea what class it is.. Landrush probably

3D of 3DCS

Reaction
Sorry to get this thread off track...

I definately think Crandon and Bark River should be added, if there not. Are you guys sure they aren't in the Land rush maps?
Unless they are unlockable later in the game or something, I don't think so. I really hope this is the case though.

Yea, I heard someone mention a Toyota stadium truck? I dunno what that was about but I just started so I haven't unlocked much yet.

I would just really like to see some more compact pickups like Rangers and Toyotas in the Stock Baja class.
It's pretty much a pro-light. (yeah for landrush)