DIRT 2....so much fun

deviate films

Reaction
been playing all day with a buddy of mine...blows baja out of the water by far..get your copies now

AGSRacing5\16

Reaction
Rally game at heart def! The baja portion is fun but seems like they could have added more power to the trucks and buggies. If you like racing games, go get Dirt 2, its so good, it make u wanna slap your mama!

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
been playing all day with a buddy of mine...blows baja out of the water by far..get your copies now
Tons of fun. Had to take a break so my controller could recharge and I wouldn't go blind looking at the screen.

How much desert racing does it have compared to Rally?

The promo's I've seen make it seem mostly like a Rally race game... :confused:
So far it's just like DIRT with the courses, but far more Baja vehicles. Robby's Hummer, the Trophy trucks of Collins and Jesse James, Jimco and Porter Class 1's, FJ cruiser, Class 8 Dodge, The Herbst's Truggy and a few more I have to yet unlock. This is what Baja should have been like.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Tons of fun. Had to take a break so my controller could recharge and I wouldn't go blind looking at the screen.

So far it's just like DIRT with the courses, but far more Baja vehicles. Robby's Hummer, the Trophy trucks of Collins and Jesse James, Jimco and Porter Class 1's, FJ cruiser, Class 8 Dodge, The Herbst's Truggy and a few more I have to yet unlock. This is what Baja should have been like.
Its not like Dirt 1 at all IMO as far as handling and tuning. Dirt 2 is an off road version of GRID. Aot of fun no doubt.

Gran Turismo of off road? NO.
Grid of off road? YES.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
I don't like how they "dumbed" it down so much from the first game. You could tweak every little aspect of the setup in the first game, not anymore. Having to "upgrade" to Pro status is dumb, and WTH is with the gatecrasher race?

Don't get me wrong it's still a great game, I just wish they had kept the "Sim" aspects instead of going down the "Arcade" route.

AGSRacing5\16

Reaction
yes it is dumbed down as far as the fine tuning goes. I was disapointed to find out that one can not tweak how short or tall 1st gear can be or how much power should go to the front or rear of the car. But let me tell you something, this game rocks!

michael_loomis

Reaction
Well said hock, well said.

We just have to face it, we, the off road racing community of gamers, want a full blown sim, and that is never going to happen. I like grid a lot, and I like dirt 2 a lot.

Night racing is pretty fun so far. It's all been on well lit tracks so far.

yzmike777

Reaction
Imo its the best racing game ever made by a long shot. the baja part is way better and there is a lot more of it. its also cool that you race all the cars on the same tracks. definitely worth the money.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Best off road game of all time? Maybe... But barely. You guys need to spend a little time with dirt1 and baja. Baja has ten times more track. Less detail, more realistic handling.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Wow, I thought I was the only one that thought baja had better handling

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Wow, I thought I was the only one that thought baja had better handling
wtf? dirt one has the best handling the thing with dirt 2 is its dumbed down a lil and if you tap someone youre spun out. Baja has decent handling but WTF is with preloading and the like?

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
the handling sucks on the tt's and unlimiteds, plain and simple

ask banned what happened when I accidentally rear ended the left rear side of a tt with my tt...i spun out, FOR NO REASON AT ALL

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
the handling sucks on the tt's and unlimiteds, plain and simple

ask banned what happened when I accidentally rear ended the left rear side of a tt with my tt...i spun out, FOR NO REASON AT ALL
yea i noticed that too, that sucks... i want the physics from D1 applied to D2....