DIRT 5

ValenciaDude

Reaction
Yea I'm super excited, wish I had more time to play but with a new baby and working full time on site there isn't much game time lately. I have dual 24" curved monitors to go along with it

Specs aren't anything too fancy:
Ryzen 5 3600
Sapphire 5700XT
ASUS ROG Strix B450
16GB
500gb SSD
2TB HDD
Cooler master
NZXT H510 case

I only have a few games on there now:
Origin for Apex Legends
EPIC, play a little Fortnite to practice my FPS skills on keyboard / mouse
Warzone

Got a few older games I always wanted to try on Steam but that's pretty much it. My 5700XT came with a free download for Godfall next month
yhea the struggle talking about work, want it to just get out of reality at least little bit playing some stuff haha, --Well your pc its pretty good enough to run any game these days, and congratulations on the baby i only have one and its my Pc LOL

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
yhea the struggle talking about work, want it to just get out of reality at least little bit playing some stuff haha, --Well your pc its pretty good enough to run any game these days, and congratulations on the baby i only have one and its my Pc LOL

Yea I went a little over my budget but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Part of the reason for building one and leaving it open to future upgrades is because I want my son to have access to any type of gaming he wants to get into.

What else do you play?

ValenciaDude

Reaction
Yea I went a little over my budget but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Part of the reason for building one and leaving it open to future upgrades is because I want my son to have access to any type of gaming he wants to get into.

What else do you play?
Cool haha yeah PC Gaming stuff its more like a investment for long term.

--Well besides racing games like Baja Edge and Dirt etc. I like a little bit of everything, But Mostly Shooter like ¨SQUAD¨ the military sim type, i have COD too but i play a lot more that category and Survival open world With Crafting Like No mans sky, 7 days to die, State of Decay 2, The forest etc. Steam owns my freaking soul and wallet

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I have Baja Edge on PS4, I hope it's backward compatible with PS5. I plan on only buying physical discs for consoles for as long as they keep making them

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Finally got the fan RGB working, had the cable on upside down lol

Need to start pricing a decent wheel / pedal set up for Dirt

20201030_174810.jpg

ValenciaDude

Reaction
I have Baja Edge on PS4, I hope it's backward compatible with PS5. I plan on only buying physical discs for consoles for as long as they keep making them
Lol cable managing i need that im so bad at it, Oh its true or u can get baja on steam For pc HD version in case it doesnt go out for next gen, i bought it there and play it with the wheel.

ValenciaDude

Reaction

Doesn't look too special to me.
damn what the hell, i thought this was still early acces vid looks like a big downgrade to me, dirt 1 and 2 physics felt way better, not even forza looked so arcady than this lol even in the comments section u can see the reactions.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Yea, doesn't look all that great, at least not in that video. Sort of defeats the purpose of buying a GPU that cost more than an entire next gen console

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
Yea, doesn't look all that great, at least not in that video. Sort of defeats the purpose of buying a GPU that cost more than an entire next gen console
I knew you spent that much! Haha!

seriously,though that’s why I habent had a decent pc rig in 15 years, it just doesn’t make sense.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I knew you spent that much! Haha!

seriously,though that’s why I habent had a decent pc rig in 15 years, it just doesn’t make sense.

I went with a Sapphire 5700XT Pulse, retailed for $399. All in all came in just under $1200 for the whole thing not including my mouse, keyboard and dual screens. I spent that much on my HP Omen gaming laptop 3 years ago and that thing is already out dated.

Now I just need a PS5 and I can play just about everything on Xbox, PC and Playstation. My PS4 won't hold discs in anymore, so much for finishing Last of Us 2, spit it out 15 minutes into it the other day...

Not worth getting a wheel/pedal combo for Dirt 5, thought it would look better than it does

stephenrjking

Reaction
Ok, I was leery when Dirt 5 was first announced, because it looked "flashy."

And my reservations appear well-grounded. Reviews complain about its arcady feel. There are lots of locations and vehicles, but nothing really... real about them. What's the point of driving a Jimco Trophy Truck if it doesn't FEEL like a Jimco Trophy Truck?

I'm a huge fan of Dirt Rally 2. I liked Dirt 4, which has a lot more substance to it than 5 apparently does (though less flash and fewer kinds of races) and it has short course but DR2 is significantly better.

I really, really wish there were better options to get a feel for off road racing. Dirt 5 should absolutely be in my wheelhouse, a guy who likes Rally and Short Course and Desert and all that stuff... but it's not actually doing any of those things, it's just taking vehicles that resemble them.

So, I'll probably wait until there is a significant sale and I have some spare cash before I consider this. And it's in line behind some other games I'd get under those same circumstances.

But I'm about to clip a wheel to my desk and play Dirt Rally 2 some more, so there's that.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
Ok, I was leery when Dirt 5 was first announced, because it looked "flashy."

And my reservations appear well-grounded. Reviews complain about its arcady feel. There are lots of locations and vehicles, but nothing really... real about them. What's the point of driving a Jimco Trophy Truck if it doesn't FEEL like a Jimco Trophy Truck?

I'm a huge fan of Dirt Rally 2. I liked Dirt 4, which has a lot more substance to it than 5 apparently does (though less flash and fewer kinds of races) and it has short course but DR2 is significantly better.

I really, really wish there were better options to get a feel for off road racing. Dirt 5 should absolutely be in my wheelhouse, a guy who likes Rally and Short Course and Desert and all that stuff... but it's not actually doing any of those things, it's just taking vehicles that resemble them.

So, I'll probably wait until there is a significant sale and I have some spare cash before I consider this. And it's in line behind some other games I'd get under those same circumstances.

But I'm about to clip a wheel to my desk and play Dirt Rally 2 some more, so there's that.
Dude I agree with all of that. Even Dirt4 had a real feel about it. I haven’t played this game(and I won’t) but it looks like need 4 speed with rally cars. If you have a wheel and all that, you should get the first Dirt Rally. Dude, hardest game I’ve ever played. If you even clip a tree your damage ends the race. Dirt Rally 2 dumbed it down a lot compared to the first one. Plus the first one had Pikes Peak.

racechase01

Reaction
I am bummed because I bought the game and so far I am disappointed. Of course I know it was an arcade style game but I am ok with some arcade style games (I love Baja Edge of Control). I really liked the first 3 or 4 Dirt games and I will give this one a chance since I have only played for maybe a few hours but I am thinking I wasted my money.....

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
I am not a crazy gamer and I prefer some arcade feeling racing games. Since my original post I have watched a few You tube videos and talked to some friends who have it. They all agree that I should just wait for next Forza Horizon. Pretty much Horizon Dirt.