Dirt-Day in Rialto

Greg

Reaction
Well it looks as though our first time-trial race is going to be Saturday Oct. 12. The format will be very similar to last years Sand Blast but with a few schedualing changes. The course is faster AND more technical than the VMC track. It is big and fast like a short-course track but there a "desert" style wash and a small whoop section. The course is mellow enough to take a stock 2wd around but well suspended trucks will be rewarded with faster times. We should have a "virtual prerun" video up after tihs weekend. All competitors will run 3 laps (may not seem like a lot but most people would over-heat by 4 or 5 and it will push you and your truck to its limit, if you want). There will be 2 trucks on the course at one time but start a 1/2 lap apart, this is because of time constraints. If one truck interfers wiht the other the faster truck will get to run again later if he chooses. So far the fromat is the "beater" class will open the day at 9:00 am, then we start the time-trials. This time we are doing a first come, first serve thing, once you sign-in, you are responsible for getting to the line. we will run TT until 11:30 then have the women's class, then around 12:15 the pro exebition races. There will be some pro-lites and some pro2/4 racers there. They should be done by 1:30 and we will resume TT until everyone has finished, im assuming around 5 ish. The cost is $10 at the gate for everyone and race entry is $50. We are doing 50% payback and every competitor will receive a speacial t-shirt and be entered into a very good rafle with prizes from Deaver, Kartec, duffco, just to name a few. So even if you dont think you'll win, just by entering you can possibly get some great prizes. The gates open at 6:00 am, there will be NO camping, we just dont have the facility ready for that yet, but there are hotels very close in Ontario and San Berdo. Parking is on the entrance road to the track, We would love to have parking in the venue, but as it is now the airport must remain functional and I can afford to fence a parking area. Thats it for now, we will have open chat to night on Prerunners.com and I can answer any questions there and also on thes post. I will post more info later today also. Thankyou for everyones support and help...greg

Greg

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Can't wait!
The General and The Piece will be there!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I'll be there to help with whatever I can. Wish my truck was ready and I could join in the fun! This will be a really cool event!

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Sounds like alot of fun, Greg!
Unfortunately, that is the same weekend of the Estero Beach race, and I've already comitted to that.
Best of luck!

-Gabe

YZFster

Reaction
what are the rules for racing??? Does it have to be a legal car or truck????Does it need to be caged???Somone please let me know...I want to race.....Thanks

Go Big or stay there.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
Estero is the next weekend

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
for info on D-day rules and specs go to prerunners.com or: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://prerunners.com/events/dday2002/ddayrules.htm>http://prerunners.com/events/dday2002/ddayrules.htm</A>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya Estero is not untill the weekend after D-Day. Estero is the 19th...

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
Is all good! So I guess that means that you can make it to D-day!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Sounds like some real good fun, last year was awesome at Sand Blast. I wish I could make it but it looks like I am going to Pete's Camp for the poker run. Be sure to get good footage!!!!

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

Bonzen

Reaction
Cant wait Greg! This year i'm going for the win. See you Sat night after the race.

-Ryan

Tyson

Reaction
Well I hope Mo does good with her new front end. Unfortunately my Toyota will still be in pieces - HOWEVER, if the course is decent (like Greg said in his post) I may take my stock Chevy around the course. In an effort to get more of those spectators with nice trucks out there giving it a shot as well.

Can't wait

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>