Dirt Pilot Mag?

elcaprerunner

Reaction
What ever happenned to Dirt Pilot Magazine? My buddy was subscribed and I was going to subscribe but he just stopped getting issues. I think they used to have them for sale at Stator Bros. like a year ago (correct me if I am wrong) then they stopped getting them there too. It's like they just dissappeared or something. Did they go out of buisiness? They always had alot of cool articles on prerunners and Glamis and dirtbikes and quads and buggies and all of that kind of cool shiaaaaaaat. I don't remember much dezert racing stuff, I could be wrong, but anyway it was a cool mag, what happenned?

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Was there a post on this sometime before on this site. I was looking and didn't see one so that's why I put this post on. Does anyone know? Also, their website does not work either.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
They went under and now are making a website. They were primarily desert racing coverage. It was a pretty cool mag and had a lot of potential, I just think it is very expensive to publish something that was as high quality as it was(thick paper, glossy, lots of colors etc) If they started out with black and white maybe off road advertisor-ish they might have been more successful, but then again it might not have caught on as fast. .

JeffWong

Reaction
I heard that Turner has been talking to Primedia about picking up the magazine and doing a hard core off-road racing magazine. Does anybody know anybody at Primedia to confirm this or push them to do it?

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Interesting. If Primedia is that would be real cool, Also they should hire me since I dont work. That would be even better since I love desert racing and at most of the races. :)

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Wasnt our buddy from Primedia on here the other day runnin his mouth?

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."