• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dirt Rally

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Anyone else pick up this game yet? Great game but holy crap they made it super hard. They definetely made it more of a hardcore simulation than the previous games. It seems like I can't go more than 100 yards without crashing or flying off a cliff. Still really great game, just got to get used to it.

Probably pick this up this weekend. Several friends tell me there is not an easy mode of play. Hard to slowly work your way up to get a good feel for the game. reviews are not good for game play.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
It's definetely not easy, which is probably why the reviews aren't good, because it's really hard at first. This is no arcade style game, it's definetely a sim. I was actually kinda frustrated with it at first, but I'm getting used to it and am way faster now. There's no map, you have to fully rely on the calls from your co driver, which can be confusing at times. There's no co driver for pikes peak/hill climb at all so you have to race that one completely blind. You have to stick with it and get used to it for sure. My best time on pikes peak so far is 9:41, challenge issued....;)

trentk

I loved the original dirt game and I was getting really bored of the latest entries. I am happy this one is back to the rally roots. I just got it last night and it is damn hard but very fun. I don't have any friends on PS4, if anyone is on PS4 add me my name is trelken We can also setup a Race Dezert "league" I think.

trentk

I setup a league in the game, i think it works for all platforms, ps4, xbox, pc etc. The league name is
RACE DEZERT

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
So I've been doing the online events in career mode and good lord people are good at this game. Even when I run a flawless stage I'm still around a minute slower than the leaders.

Yeah....same here.....first few runs were retarded....i can see why people have a hard time with this game....definately a simulator style.

As soon as I wrapped my mind around that....I softened the rear, decreased the sistivity on the trottle and steering...

once I did that and actually modulate the trottle i started to get faster......and few hours later I'm starting to finish top 3 in the proffesional series....

if I had a steering wheel and pedals I think I could do much better

JDDurfey

This game is made for a steering wheel setup. Yes you can do it with a controller but its a lot more fun with a wheel. And much easier.
I have always wanted to build something like this. I know they are sold, but very pricy. I figured I could build one for a lot less, but never have.

offroadracer516

I have always wanted to build something like this. I know they are sold, but very pricy. I figured I could build one for a lot less, but never have.
Its made out of 8020 extrusion tubing. Its pricey but what's not in the racing world? My reason for getting is it I spend a fortune to go real racing and only get to drive for a a few hours. This I can drive when ever I Want. It still does not replace real racing. Buts its pretty damn fun to say the least. 4playracingusa on eBay