Dirt Sports.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Personally I love the direction that the "new" Dirt Sports mag is headed. As a member of the off road racing familia I am very grateful to Jim and Marty for restoring my bathroom reading to such a high level!

Just picked up the new issue out at LOORRS and it"s AWESOME!

Pab wouldn't let me read in the Motorhome Bathroom so I ended up just looking at pictures while sitting in the stands......

PS. Mrs. Nim thinks I need to read more books but how the heck are you gonna read War and Peace in the bathroom at the San Nicholas while Big Daddy is yelling at you to hurry up cause he needs to use the head too.........:eek: :p :D

Anyways a big old THANK YOU to the gang at DIRT SPORTS!

I guess having a bug as this months centerfold sent this buggy dork right over the edge.......

deano

McDeano
Reaction
Personally I love the direction that the "new" Dirt Sports mag is headed. As a member of the off road racing familia I am very grateful to Jim and Marty for restoring my bathroom reading to such a high level!

Just picked up the new issue out at LOORRS and it"s AWESOME!

Pab wouldn't let me read in the Motorhome Bathroom so I ended up just looking at pictures while sitting in the stands......

PS. Mrs. Nim thinks I need to read more books but how the heck are you gonna read War and Peace in the bathroom at the San Nicholas while Big Daddy is yelling at you to hurry up cause he needs to use the head too.........:eek: :p :D

Anyways a big old THANK YOU to the gang at DIRT SPORTS!

I guess having a bug as this months centerfold sent this buggy dork right over the edge.......

i'm just glad you're posting again -- this place hasn't been the same since you went on your mcmillin hiadius, but thank god you're back :eek: -- and dirt sports does rule ..... i even made an 80"s/primm shot once ?? (see ya midnight soon) :rolleyes: :cool:

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
haha i bet u really liked the edition theat had the streamline a-armed LS-7 powered bug then huh??? haha buggy dorks rule...

i gotta go out and get the new issue of dirtsports now so i can put n my .02!!! but i have always liked DIRTSPORTS and marty is awesome

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
i'm just glad you're posting again -- this place hasn't been the same since you went on your mcmillin hiadius, but thank god you're back :eek: -- and dirt sports does rule ..... i even made an 80"s/primm shot once ?? (see ya midnight soon) :rolleyes: :cool:

Thanks D-no. Mrs. Nim and I with Rufus the wonder Poodle were on a road trip for about 9 days. The short bus has no mobile email or web devices so once I leave the PC at home I'm totally out of the loop........

I missed all you nut jobs.......

I keep trying to convince myself that 3 or 4 pages of rock crawlers is good for me but even though they are called rock buggies I still struggle with it........Sorry it's just the nimrod in me coming out.

Speaking of coming out that's NOT why I was in the bay area.........

M.Harvey1600

Reaction

I keep trying to convince myself that 3 or 4 pages of rock crawlers is good for me but even though they are called rock buggies I still struggle with it........Sorry it's just the nimrod in me coming out.

we missed u too Nim... and those rock crawlers wouldnt tide me over either... RDC is a drug that cant be givin a remedy to very easily

oooh ya does miss' Nim know about u commin out of the closet n frisco???

srry i couldnt resist... but im sure we will all support ur decision

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
This bug is off the chains its a real bug!
nice... u dont c very many TRUE bugs being built n e more.... that is my goal n the next few years, to build a sick ass street legal full tube bug... still love the look of those bad boys

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
I tried to subscribe to Dirtsports last month and I scoured a few old 'zines and couldn't find anything on subscriptions. I also checked the website and it wasn't working. I thought every magazine gives you the little flyer inside to subscribe. So I'm back to heisting the magazine from by buddy's bathroom.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
Thanks D-no. Mrs. Nim and I with Rufus the wonder Poodle were on a road trip for about 9 days. The short bus has no mobile email or web devices so once I leave the PC at home I'm totally out of the loop........

we missed u too Nim... and those rock crawlers wouldnt tide me over either... RDC is a drug that cant be givin a remedy to very easily

oooh ya does miss' Nim know about u commin out of the closet n frisco???

srry i couldnt resist... but im sure we will all support ur decision
Hey you "buggy dorks" should love the shot of Shannon Campbell's Rock Bug on page 72... He won the event with that VW powered Baja Bug rock crawler!!!

There is a LS V8 powered Baja Bug rock crawler that competes in the XRRA too!!!

I'll try to get good shots of them when I cover the east coast events for DS.:D

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
I tried to subscribe to Dirtsports last month and I scoured a few old 'zines and couldn't find anything on subscriptions. I also checked the website and it wasn't working. I thought every magazine gives you the little flyer inside to subscribe. So I'm back to heisting the magazine from by buddy's bathroom.
For subscription info
dirtsports@superfill.com
866-529-2920

The info is on the masthead

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
All,

Thank you for the kind words on the new Dirt Sports. I think it turned out really welll too, but that is biased coming from me. As a VW/Buggy/History dork, however, I really love the ultra-cool Masterpiece in Metal Baja Bug (the photos, as great as they are, don't do it justice) and the piece on our discovery of the old John Wayne Special that I had no idea about a month ago.

Oh, and there are new ads that show how much companies are stepping up their efforts to help promote their brand and the sport -- especially the new K&N ad and the trick, full spread ad for the NORRA Mexican 1000.

If you can believe it, next up is our big September issue that celebrates both the 40th anniversary of Crandon and Dirt Sports 5th anniversary. Lots of surprises in store, including new sections and features and revamped graphics, layouts and overall magazine design. Just more of what you like and new stuff to keep our readers and supporters happy while doing our part to move the sport forward in a positive way.

Sorry, don't mean to come across as being too commercial...just excited about the future. Thanks again for the support.

Marty

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Where can we pick up Dirtsports on the newstand in OC?

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
Thankfully for us (in light of how rough it is for the rest of the publishing world), Ryan Communications Group and Dirt Sports is not anchored with the highly costly world of newsstand distribution. If we were, we would likely be out of business by now.

Instead, the magazine is available via retail outlets like McKenzies and Kartek, along with distribution at off-road events around the country. But, for less than a round of drinks at Primm's Tree Bar, why not just consider subscribing?

Best,
Marty

trentk

Reaction
I got a free copy at the speedworld LOORRS race and I really liked it so I signed up for a subscription a few weeks ago. Can't wait to get the new issue.

deano

McDeano
Reaction
Thankfully for us (in light of how rough it is for the rest of the publishing world), Ryan Communications Group and Dirt Sports is not anchored with the highly costly world of newsstand distribution. If we were, we would likely be out of business by now.

Instead, the magazine is available via retail outlets like McKenzies and Kartek, along with distribution at off-road events around the country. But, for less than a round of drinks at Primm's Tree Bar, why not just consider subscribing?

Best,
Marty
would love to, please tell me how ..... ?? :cool: (thanks)

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I loved the John Wayne Manx story too! Thanks Marty.....I'm pretty dang jealous that I didn't get the call on that auction....

Can you imagine how cool that Manx would look painted pink and black with Metal Mulisha and Desert Assassin stickers all over it?

C'mon I was kidding!

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
I loved the John Wayne Manx story too! Thanks Marty.....I'm pretty dang jealous that I didn't get the call on that auction....

Can you imagine how cool that Manx would look painted pink and black with Metal Mulisha and Desert Assassin stickers all over it?

C'mon I was kidding!
Actually, the John Wayne Manx is one of the coolest, and most original historic race cars (of any type) that I have ever seen. I can't wait to see it run again at the Mexican 1000. The owner needs a little help/financial support to run it in exchange for sharing the driving duties...how about it Pab or Big Daddy?

Marty

450grl

Reaction
LOVE DirtSports - you guys do an awesome job!!