• Forum membership has its advantages....

DIRTYMINDS Mega Quickie

steve stone

A customer hit me up about two weeks ago, asking if I could put a basic Toyota truck together in two weeks. I told him that would depend on what his Idea of basic was. We went over a few Ideas, and I asked why such a hurry? He told me his son was coming home from Iraq in two weeks and would be home for two weeks and he wanted to surprise him. Well here we go.
Chaos caddy front with 2.0 bumps. Some Chaos steering upgrades. Rear will get 64" deavers 16"bypasses and a bump. E locker axle from a Taco. Cab cage without going through the dash. Keep the stock seats. Mild fiberglass all the way around, not too flashy( because dad wants to drive it when his sons away). The next day he calls me, can you do it in 10 days he’s coming home early. UUUUUhHHH, well, I’ll give it a go.

Attachments

steve stone

Final Numbers= 11.5" travel in front. Strapped at 16" in the rear. 24 Monsters, 9 Days. Have fun with it Ryan!!! Thank You for what you do for us. Oh yeah, GET SOME NEW WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Devin J

That is so cool! Good job, excellent work! Please thank him for his service from this RDC member!
I LOVE toyotas!

Andrew

That's amazing that you pulled that off in 9 days. Most shops would say a bedcage alone couldn't be done in 9

Glad it all worked out! I'm sure he's super stoked

steve stone

That's amazing that you pulled that off in 9 days. Most shops would say a bedcage alone couldn't be done in 9

Glad it all worked out! I'm sure he's super stoked
Thanx guys, It was a lot of work. But well worth it when he called the next day from Ocotillo Wells and could hardly get the words out to express how much fun they were having. Neither Ryan nor his dad had ever been in anything that had more than a bolt on lift kit, so they were pretty blown away.

DirtWorshiper

Wow, talk about speedy service, sounds like you flat got with it! Good job, it looks great. Besides seeing his family and friends, getting that truck was probably the coolest thing to happen to him after a long deployment.