disapionted in the show.

Speedynot

I went to the extreme off-road show this weekend and was very dispionted that I drove the whole from phoenix for it. Maybe Im too OLD-school,but growing up in the off road world it sure seems like Nobody thinks outiside the box anymore. All the sandcars look the same and people are more concerned with how guady of a paintjob they can put on there car or how loud there sterio system is, not about coming up with the new cool widget anymore.My bigest disapiontment was the fact that I took my 14 yr old daughter and was truly embrassed by the languge and just plain rude behavior by some of the people at the show.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
What would you expect from a show that uses the word "Extreme" in the title?

I went to the Extreme sand sports show a few years ago and was thoroughly unimpressed. I'll only go the Pomona Off Road Expo.

WickedGravityVideo

Yeah, I am an old guy and I was gonna go, until I noticed that the show was <<<<EXTREME >>>>, so I stayed home. By the way, what was the most extreme motor vehicle on display? 4x4 Bugatti Veyron, perhaps? Chrome-plated Joyner buggy, more likely? photos, anyone?

J.COLEMAN

I went this weekend knowing this is and always has been a boring show. I went just to say hi to the trailers unlimited guys. The only reason I didnt mind how bad the show was is that I went in the first hour on Friday when they let everyone in for free. I stopped goin to the off-road expo a long time ago when it turned into rock crawling instead of desert racing. The only show I really enjoy these days is the sand car show in September.

aiiraciing

I went to the extreme off-road show this weekend and was very dispionted that I drove the whole from phoenix for it. Maybe Im too OLD-school,but growing up in the off road world it sure seems like Nobody thinks outiside the box anymore. All the sandcars look the same and people are more concerned with how guady of a paintjob they can put on there car or how loud there sterio system is, not about coming up with the new cool widget anymore.My bigest disapiontment was the fact that I took my 14 yr old daughter and was truly embrassed by the languge and just plain rude behavior by some of the people at the show.
I tried to warn you in your other thread, but others disagreed....The show sucks a** and always has.
The funny thing is that I actually went and paid for entry for the 1st time. My girl and I were extremly bored sitting at home for 2 hours and I had decided not to work on my truck, so we made some phone calls and got a decent size group to go and made a fun day out of it. We scored 5 2008 Simpson moto helmets for $35 each, I check to make sure that will pass tech, and I figued we could always use more helmets at camp. Plus there were plenty of eye candy for my friends and I.

As far as rude behavior, get used to it, its not going to change.

baja619

A real enthusiast would have been at the local desert enjoying some great racing and recreation

Scott_F

Compared to past years, this show was under attended by both industry and consumers, but it was infinitely better than the first spring Off Road Expo. Adding to the suck, the OC Fairgrounds now charges $5 to park.

Mike_Cohen

Sorry to hear fo everyone's disappointment in the show. As a former displayed vendor, we found out a few years ago that not only was it not a good show, but the management was a joke and never mind their falling booth prices the closer the vacant spaces left are to the show date!

Save your time and money and go the the Sand Sports Super Show coming up in a few months. It is at the same location in Costa Mesa but has absolutely no affiliation with the disappointing show you are all talking about. This show is awesome and has much more than sand cars, rather it is an overall great off-road gathering. We have done a lot of shows through the years including SEMA, PRI, Off-Road Expo, and the Extreme Show to name a few; however, there is no better promoted or run show in our industry.

Check out the following link for more information: http://www.sandsportssupershow.com/

Hope to see you all there!

P.S. - No I am not a paid endorser, just a happy vendor that likes giving credit where credit is due.

Best regards,
Mike

BGRANT

Anybody ever go to the offroad shows when SCORE would put them on back in the day? The last one I went to was in Anaheim about 15 or 16 years ago.

AllwaysRcn

Those were awesome. I remember checking out Ivan's "NEW" v6 Trophy Truck (or was it still considered class 1?)

Score 44

<font color="DarkOrchid">Think Strange</font>
Anybody ever go to the offroad shows when SCORE would put them on back in the day? The last one I went to was in Anaheim about 15 or 16 years ago.
Yeah at the last one.... I was on display next too Ted Nugents $ 40.000.00
bronco!!!! The way I saw it.... If it was worth that much.... It had $ 25.000.00
in cash stuffed in the door panels...