• Forum membership has its advantages....

Disguised 2015 F-150 ran the Baja 1000?

randy s

with aluminum body panels, it will make doing any body work a challenge seems like...

Roice

How did they get the magnets to stick to aluminum?

Roice

Ha ha!

Offspring

"That's the toughest baja 1000 and you did it in a stock truck" "Pretty crazy"

There was some finely crafted language from start to finish in that clip.

El Mamito USMC

I guess i found out my next truck.. why Nissan doesnt do this..

Roice

Chris Tobin

Chris Tobin

The Official SCORE 2013 Baja 1000 results show the 227 as a DNF!

http://score-international.com/2013-tecate-score-baja-1000-results/

How is Ford saying they completed the race??? They may have ran the whole course but they did not finish the race!!!

Also the lead photo in the Road & Track article clearly shows the tow strap connected to the bumper and tossed through the windshield opening. I guess they got tired of putting it away after being frequently towed or something like that!!!

Ford definitely stretched the truth about the capabilities of the truck and now irresponsible editors are repeating, compounding and embellishing the story further! That is a bummer!!!

dan200

#BSF200
Anyone remember those gigantic (possibly armored) trucks that ran in Baja a few years ago? They weighed a million pounds or something.
Weren't they only entered as part of a marketing strategy?
I thought they timed out but were saying they "completed" the race since they drove all the miles.

Even with the DNF, making it all the way around the 2013 Baja 1000 loop and then driving home is a decent accomplishment. (If that's what they did) I see claiming to have finished a bit of a stretch considering they were past the time limit. But, as a parallel, nobody actually finished the 2013 Baja "1000" since the actual race was less than 900 miles, right?