• Forum membership has its advantages....

Disguised 2015 F-150 ran the Baja 1000?

Chris Tobin

I think Will Higman drove one of those trucks, they were Oshkosh trucks and I think they did time out... It was the 2010 Baja 1000 I believe.

Chris_Wilson

The spot track for #227 at the 13 1000 shows they went home at RM 690, highway direct to Ensenada.

Chris Tobin

The spot track for #227 at the 13 1000 shows they went home at RM 690, highway direct to Ensenada.
That's pretty uncool!!! Very foolish of FORD to brag about something that they didn't actually accomplish that is easily verifiable!!!

GregFoutz

Guys, I saw the post and wanted to chime in. The reality is the hard working folks on the SCORE timing and scoring team were having some trouble with the tracking system. Due to some start line challenges truck numbers wound up confused in the system. Somehow the posted #227 chart reflects #222’s race. For whatever it’s worth, #222 was approaching the top ten on corrected time, when they suffered an irrecoverable powertrain failure. Despite a tremendous repair attempt at RM 690, #222 had no choice besides trailering back to Ensenada.

That said, #227 did race the race back to Ensenada as has been presented. You can see the pictures of the event here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.642627099127350.1073741835.302031903186873&type=3 Baja 1000 pictures

The team at SCORE is working to correct the posted data. For what its worth – even during the event, our chase teams struggled when e-tracking #227.

Chris_Wilson

Greg, thanks for clearing that up.

Short Bus

The track shown stops at an address in Pheonix that #222 has used as a business address. It is probably a good idea to turn off your tracker before towing it to your shop.

mniemiec866

With the F150 going aluminum it will probably force body shops to progress and learn how to manipulate aluminum. I would think other companies will be looking to make aluminum bodies for the MPG rating as well. There are more F150s on the road than pretty much any other vehicle, so it's only a matter of time before body shops will have to repair aluminum.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Chris Tobin

I think it will end up with a lot of replacement and not as much repair!!!

johnnyweb

The track shown stops at an address in Pheonix that #222 has used as a business address. It is probably a good idea to turn off your tracker before towing it to your shop.
With the F150 going aluminum it will probably force body shops to progress and learn how to manipulate aluminum. I would think other companies will be looking to make aluminum bodies for the MPG rating as well. There are more F150s on the road than pretty much any other vehicle, so it's only a matter of time before body shops will have to repair aluminum.

As A body shop owner for 20+ years now we have seen aluminum being used more and more. Its not really new for us to work on aluminum panels. Austin Heallys where all aluminum body back in the 50's. Today there is quit a bit of aluminum used on ext body panels so that part we are pretty familiar with. The more interesting part will be the sectioning of cab pillars and inner structures of the cab etc. BMW/Mercedes has had Aluminum inner structures for years. I can see A lot more body panel adhesive being ordered.

mniemiec866

As A body shop owner for 20+ years now we have seen aluminum being used more and more. Its not really new for us to work on aluminum panels. Austin Heallys where all aluminum body back in the 50's. Today there is quit a bit of aluminum used on ext body panels so that part we are pretty familiar with. The more interesting part will be the sectioning of cab pillars and inner structures of the cab etc. BMW/Mercedes has had Aluminum inner structures for years. I can see A lot more body panel adhesive being ordered.
Hopefully that translates into some more business for you since your shop has the experience with aluminum.

Offspring

Coming soon, the eco finishes the 24 hrs of Daytona, eventually, as a Ford Fusion disguised as a DP.

GregFoutz

My race shop is at this address:
Foutz Motorsports
4725 E. Ivy Street, Suite 102
Mesa, AZ 85205

If anyone wants to stop by and see our new 6100 truck we are building.....

fordnut

Saw that truck at the 1000. It was running a new tread pattern BFG All-Terrains. Good looking tires! Also saw the BFG's on a Baja Challenge car.