• Forum membership has its advantages....

Do YOU really think its the bike that wins?

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Does the bike win or the rider????
It's the Team that wins. I would bet that if JCR was still racing a XR650R they would still win in Baja. In all racing, it's the Team that puts all the pieces together properly that wins.

J.Gray

I think it depends at what level you race! Now you cant put beginner on a pro bike and expect him to win thats just silly. I think the bike is a huge part of it.

motoman29

It's the Team that wins. I would bet that if JCR was still racing a XR650R they would still win in Baja. In all racing, it's the Team that puts all the pieces together properly that wins.
amen Trey!! too bad you sold your 650. want to borrow one for Hell Ride?

TreyP

"F" you Bill
amen Trey!! too bad you sold your 650. want to borrow one for Hell Ride?
Manny, still have the 650. The motor is toast. Looking for a new one, I love that bike on long runs. Want a 450X for the PAB rides. Might take you up on that for HellRide. Let's roost brother.

ScottyA

Come on timo Johnny Cambell would not of won 11 times on a Pumpkin everyone knows that! He's good but not that good:)

timmymo

Troll
Come on timo Johnny Cambell would not of won 11 times on a Pumpkin everyone knows that! He's good but not that good:)
well well well ScottyA. , since were both gona be in the 50 class next year . we might just take you out of your comfort zone and put your azz on one of those faded red 540s...punkins...and race for second.:rolleyes:

Vtr_Racing

Its the entire package. In desert racing, you know what products to use to build your team off of.

Total Loss

If all the riders are on Hondas...its the riders. :)

bajabit

Some very good riders have failed to finish because their bikes let them down. Some average riders have done well because they were on well set up, reliable equipment,( Us!). In Dez racing it needs to be both to win.