• Forum membership has its advantages....

DODGE RAM REBEL TRX give RAPTOR a run for it's money?????

ChromolyKid

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1475353252.067016.jpg

I think it's great news to have another brand in the mix, might draw GM and Toyota into building a dedicated off-road truck.

Anxious to see how it will stack up against the Raptor, if it makes it beyond the concept stage. Would be really exciting to watch them compete at next year's B1K.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Dezertpilot

I like the potential here, get rid of that "sport bar" in the bed though. Ram needs to continue to build upon this though and it very well could be a Raptor competitor.

blue dog

37" tires, King internal bypass shocks, 8 speed transmission, supercharged 575 hp. Loose the disco bolt on crap and it looks good.

arqangel67

It sure would've been nice if it was on display at the off road expo.

Mauler

Time for dodge to shxt or get off the pot. They been toying with this concept since Kroeker's "Ram Runner Project".
Dear Mopar,
Compete in a desert race with this thing or a wager a drag race vs Raptor(Plaster City West would be legit).
...or just slap a sticker on this thing that says "off road" and call it a day...
Sincerely

cusico

Ford= Reviewing Southern California/Arizona/Las Vegas area race team rigs and RDC. Maybe even a consultant in the industry...

Dodge/Chevy= Subscribing to SEMA show "prerunners" that only see Taco Bell drive-through's as their Baja experience.

Kent Kroeker

Ram Runner.jpg

Race-Dezert News Flash:

"Since the Off Road Community's warm reception of the Ramrunner concept vehicle at Moab in 2009, after almost 8 more years of data-driven analysis that indicates that Prefix has sold 140,000 Minotaurs, KORE has sold 90,000 Tactical Series suspension kits, and Ford has sold 27 BILLION Raptors, Chrysler decides to make yet another off road concept vehicle - just to be sure. The production variant is expected in 2019 - featuring bold new graphics and Napoleon Dynamite shocks."

I'm having a little fun with this, but seriously - how long is it going to take until ALL the Majors recognize that there's a market for off road performance?

Nissan made a great off road diesel Titan concept - that I would probably buy because it's made in America and has a Cummins V8. Toyota made a performance Tundra that looked pretty cool, and Chevy even unveiled some kind of project truck they were promoting for a while - even had high tech "reservoir shocks."

This late in the game, no matter what anyone actually produces, Americans will call them Nissan, Toyota, Dodge and Chevy Raptors, like we call any .45 auto a "1911" - out of instinctive respect for boldness and innovation.

Good job, Ford.:)

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
View attachment 173534

Race-Dezert News Flash:

"Since the Off Road Community's warm reception of the Ramrunner concept vehicle at Moab in 2009, after almost 8 more years of data-driven analysis that indicates that Prefix has sold 140,000 Minotaurs, KORE has sold 90,000 Tactical Series suspension kits, and Ford has sold 27 BILLION Raptors, Chrysler decides to make yet another off road concept vehicle - just to be sure. The production variant is expected in 2019 - featuring bold new graphics and Napoleon Dynamite shocks."

I'm having a little fun with this, but seriously - how long is it going to take until ALL the Majors recognize that there's a market for off road performance?

Nissan made a great off road diesel Titan concept - that I would probably buy because it's made in America and has a Cummins V8. Toyota made a performance Tundra that looked pretty cool, and Chevy even unveiled some kind of project truck they were promoting for a while - even had high tech "reservoir shocks."

This late in the game, no matter what anyone actually produces, Americans will call them Nissan, Toyota, Dodge and Chevy Raptors, like we call any .45 auto a "1911" - out of instinctive respect for boldness and innovation.

Good job, Ford.:)
I literally bang my head against the wall daily dealing with them about this very subject. The proof is out there yet they refuse to look at it. They are more concerned with developing driverless vehicles to take what few remaining liberties we have away from us. Go manufactures!

Mike321

Manufactures realize there is potential, but they are going about it in extremely different directions to capture the segment they feel has the most upside to their brand.

Toyota, Honda and Ford are the companies, I think, have factory supported teams right now in off road long distance racing. Yet none of them compete in the same class in North America. That’s fine, but when Joe X goes to buy a truck and while shopping realizes they all won the Baja 1000 in their class, uhm…

Then there was the GM’s announcement of the ZH2 yesterday (pics include race seats and five-point harness, expect this to show up soon in yet another class).

In regards to another comment autonomous vehicles have their place. I would love a self-driving RV. I could work in comfort on the way to a meeting or sleep in a big bed and never have to go through TSA for domestic flight again. That I would welcome, that would be awesome. It would get a lot of use in our house.

Dirty Harry

The Ram is just a concept. Until it (or any of the other truck compared Tia Raptor) go into production, I just see this as helping Ford. Everyone else talks about it but Ford actually offers the truck that all the other trucks are compared to.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Kent Kroeker

I literally bang my head against the wall daily dealing with them about this very subject. The proof is out there yet they refuse to look at it. They are more concerned with developing driverless vehicles to take what few remaining liberties we have away from us. Go manufactures!
C'mon, Travis! Driverless cars and cup holders are great innovations - I submit that they will provide us even more All-American liberties - like safely drinking beer, eating Cheetos and watching TV while travelling.

Imagine how much safer racing will be with electric cars and no drivers.

Big Corporations and the government always know what's best for everyone, that's why we should just blindly do whatever they say and never complain.

Look at how nice the world is right now, thanks to them.:rolleyes:

Bdub 1020

Somebody step up , hell we need an independent for president also. But sheep cant see that , they all just follow and do what the gov. or media bull sheets them into FACT. Back to Dodge lol

calstyl2

Ford Raptor development fought a lot of internal battles to continue the program in the first generation, it was killed several times before being saved by high level management and brought to production, ended up being one of their most profitable vehicles during a rather down time of auto sales.
I doubt Dodge has the guts to bring one to full production and do what Ford has done in testing and development.

nimrod

KOOK!
The 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro is not as capable as the Raptor but it is a step in that direction and it's actually being produced.

DirtKingDodge

I still don't understand why the Kore Tactical (now Minotar) stuff didn't take off. (I know the answer, it's because Mopar sucks at branding), but still, Kent had it right back then, I think he just got the shaft from Mopar frankly. This is a step in the right direction because the implementation has improved, but suspension performance wise it's not better than what was already offered. It is definitely a great mid-travel competitor for the Raptors, especially since the new Raptors will only have a V6. My fear is that this thing, with that power plant, will be 70k+ and won't be attractive, especially when you want to upgrade the front suspension for more travel and you dump another 10-12k into like alot of the LT Raptor guys do. They need to offer this as a truck in all models, base to beefed up, and as a kit you can buy and install for all models (but not for the 30k add on sticker that Prefix is offering). I'll get back to building my 07 Ram now.....