• Forum membership has its advantages....

Does anyone have on info on this truck raced by Skip Kawell

gunit

I bought that truck direct from Skip Kawell at his place in Big Bear in 2004, it was built originally by Bill Stroppe. I wanted to restore it but it was before they started NORRA and I kept putting all my time and money into my regular race program. I sold to a couple guys from San Diego.

ATRacing

Thanks for the replies. Gunit- do you have any other info on the history of the truck? When was it built? When did it race? How did it do?
Any information would be very helpful.
If anyone has any original pictures of the truck that would be great!!
Thank you
Andrea

gunit

I don't have a lot of info on the truck. Contact trackside photo, Ober has some pics from the old days. Kawell said it was first built in 73 and raced last in 84. It had several good finishes but no wins. He told me lots of stories about Baja and racing but not a lot about the truck.

ATRacing

Yes I Have it in la paz. It has been sitting for quite a while so not quite sure what is original and what is not.
Thanks for the info Adam. I appreciate it!

ATRacing

Just FYI, this truck is just going up for sale, needing work and parts to be restored, but think that it would be a great project for someone

toddz

Yeah, we saw it listed again. Would be a fun trip to La Paz to get it. Do you still have the front clip for it? AND the steering wheel? :)

Todd Z.