DONAHOE RACE TRUCK AND TRAILER STOLEN!!!!!!!!

CRAIG_HALL

Some photo's I took from 97' 1,000 Same truck right?

Attachments

shrek

Any news, Kreg?? We need to keep this on the top............can somebody make it sticky??

Shrek

Donahoe

Our trailer was found in Long Beach... No truck inside......actually nothing inside... Helmets, race suites, Tools, welders, generators, floor jacks.....Alll Gone...We have the word out with the customs agents in LA harbor that we think it might try to leave the country.. But who Knows... I'm just sick about it. I Really want to find these people who stole this truck. I hate theives...there is no-one lower in my book.

hey Kreg......by any chance did the trailer have any sort of anti-theft devices on it? like a tounge lock, or chains through the wheels or anything like that? i was just curious....

Terrie_Tavis

For $695, I purchased a LoJack for my Jeep. Seems like a small price to pay for the extra security. As long as a vehicle has a vin number (buggies might not qualify), it can be installed (installation is included in the price). There are no monthly fees.

roach

i can just see it now. lo-jack on race cars. what the hell is it coming down to. what BS. i hope YOU catch them and work them up some before you turn them into the cops. nice thing about off-road racing is that it is a small community and you would think it is hard to hide something like this. someone will talk eventually and these bastards will get theirs.

Dave_G

Actually a LoJack system for a prerunner or race truck is a good idea. We have several of our helicopters at the sheriff's aviation division outfitted with LoJack tracking devices. The guys really like hunting down the LoJack stuff and work real hard at it because it's a challenge and they often get to catch the scumbags with the stolen property. Just last week they tracked down a stolen tractor from a construction company and found it being used on another job in the same city.

Dave

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
"and found it being used on another job in the same city."

they were just borrowing it...Shrek was on vacation and couldnt rent one to them so they borrowed the neighbors!

shrek

Ha ha ha...........How true that is.

We are lojacking alot of our equipment also...........even if it does not have a VIN........never heard of that??

Last week we had a forklift stolen.

Cops activated the lojack at 3:00pm last friday afternoon.

Cops found it in Santa Monica at 7:00pm the same night!!! 4 hours!!!!

I picked it up at the towing yard the next day and was happy to pay the 168.00 in inpound fees!!!

They did not catch any dirtbags, though..........bummer

Shrek

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I hear people steal forklifts so they can go break into shops with the big bay doors and loot the place...just slide the forks under the door and lift...that 18 gage sheet metal that the lock is locked through isnt going to withstand a forklift.

Paige

Well I have good news and bad news...., but suffice it to say that the race truck was recovered yesterday, however it was stripped. It was either divine intervention or a phenomenal case of coincidence, but Mike called Deputy Steve Williams of the LA County Sheriffs, who is also a racer and former competitor of ours in Stock Mini, to be on the look out for the truck. Steve got off the phone with Mike, walked into the yard at his station and there was the truck sitting on a flat bed tow truck, having just been picked up as an abandoned vehicle in a residential neighborhood near Carson. It dropped right in his lap. So the truck is safely in the hands of the Sheriff's dept., but stripped and stripped by someone who knew what they wanted and what they were taking.

I wanted to extend our sincere thanks to all of your for your help. It was great to see how so many called upon anyone they could think of to help us find that truck. At least we know for every POS slime ball out there, there are several good hearted racers that are for the sport and good competition.

Thanks again to all - I'll let Kreg give the specifics of what was taken, and maybe in your travels you might come across one of these items and we can nail this SOB and expose him or her for the rat that they are.

Thanks again to everyone -

baja619

Congrats on the recovery.... of what is left at the very least.
.5 of a truck is better than nothing Are you guys going to rebuild it to finish the series. I understand that truck was doing well in the point standings.

Kyle

There must be a premium on toyota's from the DRe stable. At least Bob's was recovered, I just hope the suspension's intact, the rest can be reassembled. Hopefully there's enough time before the 1000. It's amazing it was recovered, my brother's yota is still MIA.

And the truck that was tolen was Bob Graham's 7s, not the Stock Mini that Kreg races.

Paige

There is not enough of the truck left to be able to race the 1000. Kyle is right it was Bob's truck that was stolen, and both the 7S and Stock Mini are in the hunt for the championship - Bob is ahead in points, but also in a points battle for 7S - so they are going to have race the 1000 and have to borrow a truck to do so, which sucks, but at least there are some options for Bob and Mike to consider.

The front suspension that Kreg built is there, but all the shocks, springs, rear end, fuel cell, ever single body panel, incl the doors, and more is gone....the team just doesn't have the funds to redo everything prior to the race unfortunately.

It is nice to at least have the truck itself back and we feel good that it's home and Bob and Mike are relieved - the hunt for the thieves is on-going as well. The truck will need some serious TLC to get back to it's prior self. However, whoever stole it wanted the parts and that was it - so it wasn't cut up or damaged or anything like that and it will be able to race again.

Kyle

Yes Paige, thank you for reminding me

I technically wasn't "driving" it, it was locked and parked, but yes I was the one who was currently using the vehicle for the time being.

roach

we'll keep an eye out on e-bay, off road advertiser, and such for any stuff for sale here real soon. we pick up the san diego auto trader all the time looking for stuff. give us a detailed list and we will all keep an eye out for you. that realy sucks. even though stripped, glad to hear you guys got it back.

Brian Mapes

That is good that you guys got it back, but unfortunately it was stripped. I cant stand thieves. Hopefully you guys will find the person. Good luck.