Donald Jackson resigns as Operations Manager of BITD

J Prich

Reaction
My dream scenario is for the Folks to sell BITD to Dave Cole. Dave would take BITD to next level like he has done for Ultra 4 and KOH.
IF the Folks bros decided to sell, the implications for the entire racing landscape would be huge. In that scenario, the list of potential suitors and what the org would look like under different leadership is kind of crazy to think about. You could play out four or five different hypotheticals of who "might" be interested and what that would mean for the series.

But if they are already replacing those positions, I assume it signals that they intend to at least try to keep moving forward for the near term. Glen Helen and then Blue Water are still on the table and a lot of teams are pursuing season championships I assume so just getting through this season is a pretty big deal I'd think. And no announced 2021 schedule at this point so tons of unknowns here.

Fourstroker

Reaction

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
So there's this. Just got this emailed this morning

Having known Jeff and worked with him, I think he is a suitable choice as BITD moves forward.

And as far as 2021 schedule it is in process. Delayed due to many contacts not being in place due to Covid. Especially in the Az market.

Jimmy8

Reaction
My only hope is BITD listens to racers and decides to run fewer events in 2021 and make the ones they do put on even better. Originally this year was supposed to have 7 UTV points events. That's way too many with racers also juggling KOH, SCORE, Mint, and UTV WC, and some of the BITD events just don't hold any value for a racer to attend them. Would love for BITD to do 5 races and make them huge instead of 7 with half being lackluster. Just an opinion, and trust me, I have said the exact same thing to BITD.

nohandslance

Reaction
Just hope BITD keeps going to Rawhide at V2R moving forward. The few trips a year I look forward to.

Lance

MTPyle

Reaction
Edit, Forestroker beat me to it. LOL

FB page and press release. Legacy Racing. 5 race series ran by non other than Donald and Liz.

Mike

J Prich

Reaction
Paging BITD's 2021 schedule....a lot of folks are going to have to take a hard look at 2021 in deciding what they are doing and where they are going.

JDDurfey

Reaction
So how long until there is no more desert to race in because all these organizations have beat the crap out of the courses that are permitted to race on?

How many orgs does that make based in Las Vegas that race in the area?

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
So how long until there is no more desert to race in because all these organizations have beat the crap out of the courses that are permitted to race on?

How many orgs does that make based in Las Vegas that race in the area?
People have been asking that for at least the last 20yrs.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Paging BITD's 2021 schedule....a lot of folks are going to have to take a hard look at 2021 in deciding what they are doing and where they are going.
Interesting timing. Ask and you shall receive. Parker and bike races switched dates and V2R is gonna be R2V

MTPyle

Reaction
Dave,

I agree there is way too many already and this just dilutes it even more.

Lets get your race added to the Legacy series for points. I really want to race KOH with you guys.

Mike

JDDurfey

Reaction
So how many teams are going to "jump ship" and go race Legacy that normally race BITD? I am curious what the motivation to start a new series is. Is it to put BITD out of business? Or simply "because he can"? I mean no offense to anyone in asking these questions. Obviously Donald and Liz believe the racers will show up to their races, and I hope they are successful.

J Prich

Reaction
Starting to guess their split wasn't "mutual"

SCORE, CODE and RECORD can co-exist on basically the same land in Baja

Can SNORE, BITD, LEGACY do the same?
Land is really the 3rd or 4th issue on the list in my book. Important for sure, but someone is going to get permits for events. The finite resource here is not really the land, it's the racers, industry sponsors, etc. What happens if they split down the middle? Two orgs with 100 entries each doesn't seem like a great recipe for success. I assume one side or the other is going to have to hope to overpower the other in order to be sustainable.

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
It seems like "Legacy" is going to be more in direct competition with SNORE. Not a position I'd want to be in as SNORE does a pretty damn good job. Desert racing in NV is now far too concentrated between the 3 organizations. I think SCORE is probably the big winner here.