Donald Jackson resigns as Operations Manager of BITD

MTPyle

Reaction
It seems like "Legacy" is going to be more in direct competition with SNORE. Not a position I'd want to be in as SNORE does a pretty damn good job. Desert racing in NV is now far too concentrated between the 3 organizations. I think SCORE is probably the big winner here.
I agree

We were already having a hard time on our 2021 schedule. Wasn't sure what we were going to do. This makes it way harder. We may just do SCORE 4 race series and maybe fit in KOH for fun. Have not looked at schedule to see if thats even possible. We really like Donald and Liz and want to support them but wasn't even sure we were going to run a full series in the US anyway.

Problem for us is KOH is a bucket list race so we have to figure that out. And would love to do a season of Baja racing.

Crazy how complicated things get. LOL

EDIT- Just looked at schedule and San Felipe 250 is the next week after KOH 😭 why cant it be easier?

Mike

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
I agree

We were already having a hard time on our 2021 schedule. Wasn't sure what we were going to do. This makes it way harder. We may just do SCORE 4 race series and maybe fit in KOH for fun. Have not looked at schedule to see if thats even possible. We really like Donald and Liz and want to support them but wasn't even sure we were going to run a full series in the US anyway.

Problem for us is KOH is a bucket list race so we have to figure that out. And would love to do a season of Baja racing.

Crazy how complicated things get. LOL

EDIT- Just looked at schedule and San Felipe 250 is the next week after KOH 😭 why cant it be easier?

Mike
Do our schedule.

Parker 425
Mint 400
Baja 500
Vegas to Reno
Baja 1000

Best of the best

BigAlRudd

Reaction
Best of luck to Donald and Liz .
The announcement of Jeff Phillips as the race director is also very exiting news remember Jeff and Casey started BITD and he only left to form the WORC’s racing series . The Folks brothers are cut from the same cloth as Casey and I for one am exited about finding some new coarse for Vegas to Reno . The sky is the limit .,

Rcamp99

Reaction
Do our schedule.

Parker 425
Mint 400
Baja 500
Vegas to Reno
Baja 1000

Best of the best
I like this style. Pick and choose the fun ones.
V2r being ran backwards will be interesting. I’m sure Donald and Liz will make for some fun races as well! First year will be rough but it will sort itself into place. On Facebook I’m seeing some big names 6100 teams already commenting commiting to the new series.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Agree, We don't need more races, we need less. 3 stateside big races and 3 south of the Border would be great for a real series. Smaller promoters should be working with the big promoter to have feeder series that use 1-2 of the big series as a show boat race for the smaller teams. This just smacks of revenge that doesn't serve the racers after a couple years.

MAC56

Reaction
I would never think of Donald and revenge, ever,ever, ever.
If you think that all employees should never go on their own and start what they have a passion for then everyone would have a government job.
The best product with the best service with the best value should prevail, oh wait thats how Casey started BITD.
I think that Donald and Liz are thinking of their future and that of their families. Not much retirement plan working for a race promoter.
The problem for me is how
to walk the line between two groups that I consider friends.

J Prich

Reaction
Interesting comment from a promoter who just got into T1 racing 2 years ago. I don’t think you would have liked it if SCORE, BITD, SNORE made a comment like that. Come on Dave be classy.
Gonna go out on a limb and guess that Dave isn’t losing any sleep over what other orgs think about his org. I doubt Dave questioning the wisdom of the decision is going to be a factor in whether this sinks or swims.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Interesting note, the Legacy Facebook page was created on April 29, 2020.......while they were still working for BITD.......this is going to get ugly I bet.

Rcamp99

Reaction
All this does is hurt the racers. We have way too many races as is. Curious to see what the BITD regulars decide to do.
Curious, how does it hurt us?

No one is forcing anyone to switch, so I’m not sure how it hurts the racers? This isn’t a premier series anyone’s sponsor will force them to race. Atleast not right now.

I am going to race with legacy & BITD for certain races and pick races across multiple series just like you guys do in the Honda.

People choose a series and race it usually, or they pick races they like and do them. The variety and new races and locations will be cool in my book.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Interesting comment from a promoter who just got into T1 racing 2 years ago. I don’t think you would have liked it if SCORE, BITD, SNORE made a comment like that. Come on Dave be classy.
Casey was one of the first to tell me KOH was stupid and would never work. He also stood up in a Land Use meeting and said yahoos like me would be the reason why Desert Racing would be outlawed because we would get people killed.

I still think its lame to start FB Pages and apply for permits when you are employed to do that for someone else. I think Desert Racing in general is in trouble and infighting and egos put it even further in Jeopardy.

And just like I dont lose sleep about what anyone thinks, I dont have any expectation that anyone cares what I have to say.

Cheers

johnnyweb

Reaction
Casey was one of the first to tell me KOH was stupid and would never work. He also stood up in a Land Use meeting and said yahoos like me would be the reason why Desert Racing would be outlawed because we would get people killed.

I still think its lame to start FB Pages and apply for permits when you are employed to do that for someone else. I think Desert Racing in general is in trouble and infighting and egos put it even further in Jeopardy.

And just like I dont lose sleep about what anyone thinks, I dont have any expectation that anyone cares what I have to say.

Cheers
I am amazed no one has been killed at your events. Just saying yahoos is not far off. Great race event but the crowd is out of control.

johnnyweb

Reaction
Gonna go out on a limb and guess that Dave isn’t losing any sleep over what other orgs think about his org. I doubt Dave questioning the wisdom of the decision is going to be a factor in whether this sinks or swims.
Not the point. Casey would never go on a public forum and talk poop he was a class act!