Donald Jackson resigns as Operations Manager of BITD

Rcamp99

SCORE because the vast majority of people have never heard of any off-road race other than the Baja 1000. Yes, it's an exclusive club. With many barriers to entry. Not just cost. It keeps out the riff-raff. It is the top tier of off-road racing in North America.

BITD because they have built a solid reputation of having a good racing series over many years. This applies to SCORE as well.
Mint 400 has started to change this. Atleast on the west coast.

I work In a corporate setting and people ask what we do for fun and I’ll say we offroad race and they’ll say “Oh like the mint 400”

Always puts a smile on my face.

Honda48X

Casey was one of the first to tell me KOH was stupid and would never work. He also stood up in a Land Use meeting and said yahoos like me would be the reason why Desert Racing would be outlawed because we would get people killed.

I still think its lame to start FB Pages and apply for permits when you are employed to do that for someone else. I think Desert Racing in general is in trouble and infighting and egos put it even further in Jeopardy.

And just like I dont lose sleep about what anyone thinks, I dont have any expectation that anyone cares what I have to say.

Cheers
Dave it is too bad that Casey went to that level. Just because he did does mean you should. You are respected in this industry. As a Promoter of one of the biggest Off-Road events, what you say does and can matter.

Honda48X

How about a little RDC get together at the JollyMon on Friday night. Maybe 6pm for some Pizza and Beer.

Fourstroker

It varies a little bit by district but for the most part the existing group that holds the permit will get first choice. If it is a new event for either org usually first come first choice.

to some extent, some of the orgs work together to make sure they don’t put the same weekend How’s for the same type events. But there truly are only so many weekends you can fit everything in. You have short course and things like that effect desert raving dates. You have supercross or national events that effect bike dates. It’s lots of fun.

I’m currently looking at just under 60 days for 2021 for my team just in “large scale” desert races. I haven’t gotten our MRAN dates, our sand drag dates or our other events yet. We are going to be busy!
I wonder how SNORE's Caliente race will be affected. Sounds like Legacy's Alamo race and BITD's Silver State are both in Lincoln County (or at least start there). HMMM

drofmij

Interesting considering this was posted just 3 weeks ago
Just cause it posted 3 weeks ago doesn’t mean it hasn’t been going on for awhile. You think they quit one week and picked up permits the next week to release a race schedule by the end of the day? Hopefully it’s not true or they can work something out. I have 2 wins in a row there, was going to go for 3

Fourstroker

@drogmij - all I was saying was SNORE posted there race dates and locations 3 weeks ago. It would be shame if they did that without a shot at a permit. Caliente is a cool race and will be missed by many. There were a few times in the last 10+ years that SNORE didn't get a permit due to other races up there as well

drofmij

@drogmij - all I was saying was SNORE posted there race dates and locations 3 weeks ago. It would be shame if they did that without a shot at a permit. Caliente is a cool race and will be missed by many. There were a few times in the last 10+ years that SNORE didn't get a permit due to other races up there as well
Well hopefully the details come out and it’s just a rumor and not true.

Tube ride

in Oct 2015 when I picked up my ultra4 build from bunderson racing Casey folks was there to say hi. His first question was “are you going to come race with me”? I said as soon as I win the lotto! But until then would like help with recoveries or course marking or h he could use me. At that time there was talk of scouting new ultra4 Rock routes to use in the mint 400. Like the rocky bottom of beer bottle pass, or a route over the mountain from jean dry lake to the roach side.

QurtysLyn

I wonder how SNORE's Caliente race will be affected. Sounds like Legacy's Alamo race and BITD's Silver State are both in Lincoln County (or at least start there). HMMM
In the past the Ely BLM District would just grant the permits by draw of whoever applied.

Even if two were in the Caliente area and one was in Ely and none of the dates overlapped.

Fourstroker

In the past the Ely BLM District would just grant the permits by draw of whoever applied.

Even if two were in the Caliente area and one was in Ely and none of the dates overlapped.
That's what I recall as well

ndvalium

Rescue Director

i can tell you BITD and MRAN have both been denied applications for permits on several occasions. Two years ago, BITD wanted to do the UTV only 150 race again up there. They were denied. Last year, MRAN was denied a permit that would have added a maximum of 6 quads to a night race. Grounds were because they already had issued the two 4 wheel permits for that area for the year.

dan200

#BSF200
I'm trying to do my tour schedule for next year and I though that BITD had released their 2021 dates already. I'm wrong huh?
never mind. found it

C.J. Hutchins

Well hopefully the details come out and it’s just a rumor and not true.
If I hear something I will post it..... Basically this is how Caliente works.... In their RMP it is stated they can only have 2 car/truck races a year in the Caliente district. When more than 2 promoters put in for a permit, they are supposed to do a drawing to see who gets the permits. I knew nothing about the drawing until after it already happened. Oddly enough I learned from Donald himself that he was awarded a permit and we werent. (he is from caliente, so he kind of has an inside track i think) I guess at least he was man enough to call me and tell me. I really wish I would have been informed so I could have been present at the drawing. Unfortunately the town of Caliente is who really suffers, if SNORE is not granted a permit. SNORE is the biggest economic impact to that town all year. we spend 5 times more money than bitd. I'm not even sure if the legacy course will go through the town, sounds like it might start in delmar and head north to tonopah. The county commissioners are trying to pressure blm to figure out a way to get snore a permit. So I guess in short, yeah Legacy got our permit and the town will suffer because of it. We are not done fighting to get a permit though. We will see what happens.