• Forum membership has its advantages....

Donations for an orphanage on your way to the Baja 1000

93toytruck

There’s an orphanage in the town of La Mision called the Door of Faith. They currently have 130 children of all ages starting at newborn. They’re always in need of donations and I’m calling out to fellow off-roaders to drop off something on your way to the Baja 1000. They’ll be stoked to see you.

La Mision is on the way to Ensenada where the free road goes inland at La Fonda. When you get to the Maganas Restaurant Bar, stop for a beer, eat some tasty tacos, then take a left of the dirt road directly across the street from Maganas. The Door of Faith orphanage is on the left side of the road about 1 mile up.

They can use anything including:
Cleaning Supplies
Cloths
Diapers
Food
Paper Towels
Toilet Paper
Toys

This is their Facebook page:
Door of Faith | Facebook

Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Door+of+Faith+Orphanage/@32.0985,-116.8415,1656m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x9ef1a58dbc5cff30!8m2!3d32.0982075!4d-116.8410131

GPS: 32.0985,-116.8415

Anger Issues

My 16 year-old super brat is willing to go through her clothes tomorrow and see what she has out-grown. We used to take lots of girlie clothes to La Purisima and towns down south, but this place sounds closer and certainly in need with 130 kids! Yikes. I will find purchase some of the things on this list and make a stop. Great post and I challenge a few more racers and chasers to go here rather than goodwill... they have a million dollar boat in Ventura. They don't need the money, these folks do.

johndjmix

My team stopping there today...

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

johndjmix

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1479089110.902544.jpg

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

johndjmix

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1479089141.720875.jpg

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

johndjmix

We stopped by and dropped off some stuff for the kids. The place is overwhelming, i was expecting one building, its more like a campus! Probably around 15-20 buildings, cafeteria, bakery, etc.

They are doing an excellent job with the kids there!

We will defiantly be back in the future, next time with a lot of stuff now that we know the size of it!

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

Anger Issues

I am sorry to report my Bronco with the new carb setup (I ripped out the EFI) failed me on the way down. I ended up on a tow truck at Camp Pendleton. I eventually hooked up with my buddies and we came up with a temporary fix, but fought it all the way to ensenada. The problems and the fix (gas can on the roof, no joke) set us way back on time. We were afraid to shut it off, so no costco run and therefore I didn't make it to the orphanage. Got it fixed in Ensenada but then had to buy a coil off some dude at the first race crossing. I hope to have plenty of time when I go back to Baja in Decemember. Good job to you guys for stopping!!! Thanks for putting up photos too!