• Forum membership has its advantages....

dont be DUMB in BAJA!!!

BANNED4LIFE

IMG_20160529_171536_516.jpg
Yes, a knucklehead in a Prerunner hit us HEAD ON on mikes road ....we were STOPPED and on the farthest right side of the road letting another Prerunner by......if we were on bikes or a Utv it would of been bad....DO NOT DRIVE TOO FAST on busy local roads.,.luckily no one hurt, just radiator and front of our chase truck

El Mamito USMC

hope he pays for all the repairs.. and glad your ok

07FJRog

We should have put the winch on, he would have a bigger hole in his grill, friggin donkey.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
No airbag deployment? Glad all OK.

CMA GUMBY

Missed the "Crush Zone". Would not be surprised if the hood needs replaced also...Hope racing goes better than Pre running Pete

07FJRog

Crush zone was the light bar, bwaaahaaaa

JDDurfey

Years ago I was repairing a flat on my motorcycle about 10 miles north of Coco's corner. I could hear a fast moving pre-runner coming through the mountains and then an orange Hummer appeared and thankfully I was off the side of the road because I would have been dead if not. Blind corner and he came around sideways not expecting any oncoming traffic. Showered me with rocks. I was not happy, but not harmed.

I understand the desire to pre-run at race speed. I did it at near or at race speed all the time on my bike to cover ground faster, but it is not wise. There are many things we do that will eventually bite us in the butt eventually if we continue taking stupid chances.

ACME

There is no reason to "prerun" at race speeds! Way too many incidents have happened during prerunning and no one wins the prerun. Save it for race day and keep your fellow racers, chasers and the local communities and kids safe.

Mark Newhan

There is no reason to "prerun" at race speeds! Way too many incidents have happened during prerunning and no one wins the prerun. Save it for race day and keep your fellow racers, chasers and the local communities and kids safe.
Years ago it was different. Race vehicle speeds were slower and there wasn't nearly the amount of traffic, prerun or local. Times they are a changin. The areas where it would be "OK" to prerun at race speeds is shrinking, a a growing pace. I think that Mike's road would be one of the worst places to prerun at race speed.

baja rudy

Speaking of dumb and prerunning this weekend.

1. I'm prerunning on my moto and catch a SxS from a well know Ensenada team that races a class 10 or 12 car. Nice SxS but these guys have no mirrors! It took a looooog time to safely pass them and politely telling them that I will buy them a $20 mirror for Christmas. Passed them, talked to them and move on.

2. A few miles later before exiting on the hwy3 at K75 or so here comes this with F250 backwards on race course moving fast close to K71 access. I missed him, then my buddy on another moto almost gets on a head on with him too. He dives off the bike to save his life and avoid the head on. We talk to the older guy driving the truck only to find out that he had no reason to go backwards on course. he makes a U-turn to go wait at hwy-3 instead.

As we are counting our blessings at Check 1, RM 100 or so we find out that the truck guy is supporting the same guy on the SxS!!! So this team has two morons running like idiots on course. Nice coincidence right?

Jerry

View attachment 170001 Yes, a knucklehead in a Prerunner hit us HEAD ON on mikes road ....we were STOPPED and on the farthest right side of the road letting another Prerunner by......if we were on bikes or a Utv it would of been bad....DO NOT DRIVE TOO FAST on busy local roads.,.luckily no one hurt, just radiator and front of our chase truck
Is that the truck I'm driving?!