Don't count on AAA RV/motorcycle and recreation trailer roadside assistance.

Let's go off roading

Reaction
Website
www.tntracephotos.com
I have a AAA automobile club Membership. I have been a member for 14 years.
I also have the extra package deal for RV/motorcycle and recreation trailer roadside assistance. Up to $200 in service per disablement for Classic and AAA Plus members (up to $800 per membership year).

You get A total of four RV or motorcycle towing or RV tire change service calls per household, each membership year. These calls are in addition to the four roadside assistance calls each cardholder receives per membership year.

DON'T COUNT ON IT!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I were on the way home from the desert on a Sunday driving are motorhome. We were less then 100 miles from our home. The motorhome started to have problems and we pulled over just in time. Not only did our motorhome break down it also had a flat tire. We called AAA automobile club and told them our problem. The person on the phone took down are info and location and said he would call us back. He called back in 15 min and he said he was looking for a driver to come and get us and that he would call us back. Another 15 min went by and he called back and said he is getting a tow truck to come and get us and he would call us back. 30 min go by so I call them back. He said It would take about 45 min for a driver to come and I can understand that but then the guy on the phone told me it would cost $400.00. My husband spoke to the aaa guy and told him we have a membership and asked him why do we have to pay $400.00. We have never had to use AAA or the RV towing in the past. The guy could not give my husband an honest answer so we said forget it. My husband changed the tire himself and rigged the rv and drove home 10 miles per hour but we made it. I canceled rv membership. RIP OFF!!! I have been paying over $100 a year for this service for 14 years! RIP OFF!!!!

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
and they don't really insure aftermarket off road parts... I had a VERY bad experience with AAA :(

poor poor insurance company and bad customer service.

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
I can't comment on the insurance, but dealing with their road service folks is a pain in the *****.. Being in the rural area we are, they do not undestand.. There is no NEAREST town.. There is no NEAREST CROSS STREET... There is no CLOSEST TIRE SERVICE.... Once you get beyond the edge of whatever metropolitan map sysyem they use , THEY ARE LOST !! We have found the best way is to call 411 on your cell or Highway Patrol, find the closest tow company , take the $$ hit, then get reimbursed by your road service.... just .02 worth of experience

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
Reaction
I've had to deal with the repeated 30 minute claims before, that is because they are at hte mercy of the companies they contract out to. No excuse for the money thing though.

The first time I tried to get a tow(for a project truck I bought) the tow company told AAA they couldn't come to me because there was a sign saying "No Trucks" on the main road up into the area where I was. Whole day was a bust, five hours after the initial call they wouldn't tow the truck because it was not a driveable registered vehicle.

steveG

Reaction
Bummer! I've been with Autoclub since I started driving and my parents have been with them for as long as I can remember. I've only used the towing service a couple times and they were easy to deal with and provided fast service. My parents had a car stolen and were completely reimbursed.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
I have heard this from many people and that was why I chose to go with them...

BUT

if you own a truck or anything that has to do off roading they are not quite as easy to deal with... this is based on my experience as well as a few others I talked to when I smoke to the Bureau of Insurance... :(

BGRANT

Reaction
I blew a head gasket in my crew cab pulling my enclosed between Glendale and Mesquite. They showed up in 45 min., put my truck on the flat bed, hooked my trailer up, and put my whole family in his crew cab wrecker and towed us to the daler and then the hotel. Total cost: 0.
It my be a case by case situation and depend on the operator.

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
Our transmission caught fire towing a trialer between amboy and the 40 AAA came and towed us to 29 stumps no charge..... good experiences for me.

drabnor

Reaction
had an oil leak in my 4runner at hodge road, dripping onto the header and catching on fire, got it put out and made the call to AAA, 45 min later im sitting in the air conditioned cab of the flatbed on my way home, 107 miles = 77 bucks (11 dollars a mile after 100)

Laurie

Reaction
Website
www.thefactoryracing.com
My daughter locks her keys in the car every other week they are quick to get there. We had the engine go out on the way to one of the races and we were near Castiac, our mechanic is in Filmore. They were going to charge about 200 to tow it the extra way but Dan thought it was too high. However, having his dad drive there and trailer it couldn't have been much less then 200.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
I had dead battery....called they sent the battery service truck out. 30 min later and $45.00 I had a good battery. They took the old one with them. I was out in the way sw part of Vegas.

_deleted_

doesnt not
Reaction
triple A is funny... i used too tow for them out here like 4 years ago. i have done some RVs that fit on my flatbed and never had tow charge extra unless they have a trailer.. but usually they could use a second tow. and it used to be 7 dollars a mile after your givin 7, 100 or 200 miles... one night last year i locked my keys in "my" truck... running in an alley while moving someones elses car out of my way, and i called up the main dispatch center in LA and told them my old call number from my radio, told them i locked my keys in my tow truck and they came in 5 minutes and unlocked my truck. haha shmucks

Supertruck

Reaction
We have had AAA Premier RV roadside assistance membership for years. In mid May 2021 we needed that assistance. We called, they told me I had the wrong #, yet it is on the back of my Premier RV card? After talking to several people I was told that they were sending someone out to us, 90 minutes away. 2 hours later they called and said it was going to take longer get because they had to send some one from Amargose Valley. That was only 1 hour from us, and I knew there are no towing companies in Amargosa Valley. They said they were on the way. 4 1/2 hours after the first call they called and said they could not find anyone that was able to respond to our call. They said I needed to call for a commercial tow on my own and no one from AAA Premier RV assistance was going to respond. Years of money for nothing. We that we were covered out on the road race to race. NOT.