Don't see any new sponsorship in pro-lite.

inmymind

Seems to me that there is clearly a lack of new sponsorship coming on board in pro-lite. If there is any new sponsorship, it goes to the top five teams (Kincaid, Hord) but even they seem to be slow to bring new sponsors. I'm not complaining, I just really looking for something to talk about.

D4D

Tecate is with Rodrigo, that is new, NOS Energy drink is supporting some of the new guys but besides Traxxas that is about it, Ready Lift was with Rob last year. The problem witrh Pro Lite getting sponsor dollars that matter is that there is no promise of what the TV will be is any and the on site race schedules sometimes have Pro Lite runing at the end of the day, it is tough to keep general fans in the stands waiting an hour when they have to watch trophy kart and UTV races. PRimm was a great example there were maybe 2500 people in the stands Sunday afternoon for the Pro Lite race. Add all that up and it is hard for a sponsor to get involved at what most teams want, you can take and increase your investment just a little and be mid-pack in Pro 2.

inmymind

Like I said in the original post, Hord and Kencaid brought some new sponsors or sponsors came to them (and these guys should be getting the lion share of the big sponsors). But what I'm talking about is the Marty Harts and the 2nd tier group don't seem to be adding much sponsors. Please don't get me wrong, I'm pleased with the outcome of every thing Corr is doing, I just thought with the NBC and SPEED coverage there might be more sponsors trickling down to other teams by now.

inmymind

Tecate is with Rodrigo, that is new, NOS Energy drink is supporting some of the new guys but besides Traxxas that is about it, Ready Lift was with Rob last year. The problem witrh Pro Lite getting sponsor dollars that matter is that there is no promise of what the TV will be is any and the on site race schedules sometimes have Pro Lite runing at the end of the day, it is tough to keep general fans in the stands waiting an hour when they have to watch trophy kart and UTV races. PRimm was a great example there were maybe 2500 people in the stands Sunday afternoon for the Pro Lite race. Add all that up and it is hard for a sponsor to get involved at what most teams want, you can take and increase your investment just a little and be mid-pack in Pro 2.
Good pionts Apexkiller! And I wanted to mention all the indepth pieces you wrote on getting sponsorship are a great help. Thankyou,

D4D

Thanks man! Glad to help.

We back Casey and his new team mate, Chuck Dempsey in Pro Lite but this will be the last year we are doing anything in the class unless the coverage changes. There has been very little TV compared to the other classes and the Sunday race schedule makes it tough to track an ROI, but Saturday's are good. For us the teams or teams we support in '09 and beyond will have to have a Pro 2 or 4 effort and then maybe a Lite in order for us to stay in the class. But please do not get me wrong, it is a great place for a sponsor to get their feet wet, there is a lot of value. My background is open wheel, rally, sportscar racing, we came in last year, felt our way around and got our feet wet, we have gone MUCH bigger this year and Casey is our guy so it made sense to stay in Pro Lite but in the future it will not meet marketing needs unless there is added exposure on TV and a revised daily race schedule.

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Although I have seen no hard (Joyce Julius) numbers yet I would be willing to bet the top 3 Prolite guys have seen way more TV coverage this year than 4th place back in Pro 2 and Pro 4. But I do agree CORR does not help when they do not commit to a regular TV schedule for Prolite. My sights are set on Pro 2 in the very near future but I guarantee you my sponsors get more value out of winning Prolite races than running midpack in Pro 2 or 4. And Lucas Oil obviously feels the same as they have come on board for the rest of the season. Thanks Lucas Oil. As far as ReadyLift and Maxxis go , yes they were on board last year, but they play a much larger role than before as they are very excited with the coverage they receive running up front in Prolite.
Rob

ProLite13

It's all about T.V. every driver's meeting we hear the same thing's over and over It's all about the T.V. coverage and what they want and where to drive and not drive so on and so forth. Maybe it's got something to do with the package that has been purchased(think about it).

Anyway what other sport's can you think of that has the biggest, and baddest class go first? Would you stay to watch the opening act at the end of a music event? Would you stay to watch the lite's class if the Supercross class had already raced? Would you stay to watch a boxing event if the heavy weight's have already fought?And on and on you could go with this one.

They need to adjust the race schedule accordingly, most everyone we talk to at the races say the same thing about the level of competition in the ProLite class and the excitement ,also the endless number of battle's in each race from the front to the middle to the back of the pack. If we are not cut into the T.V. program then at least give us a fair shot at the audience then the the ProLite program could be more marketable.

It's all about the Pro 2 class, funny thing is that if you would see true stadium racing come back to the level it once was how many of these guy's would be jumping ship to race in the small truck's again.

Exposure does funny thing's to people's thought's and the way they operate ,without the T.V. coverage you won't get many people wanting to throw money at the ProLite class. In that case it's all so overated so can we please put thing's back into perspective which was supposed to be an entry level way into off road truck racing ,an affordable feeder class.

If someone would step up and start another series on the west coast with a little less hype and more action you would see some interesting thing's happen ,that way it would not be all about sponsorship's and more about racing. As it is, this is it, so all we can do is try to ride the wave.

little bart

WSORR isnt in the west coast, but it definetly gets less exposure then CORR. They have classes that are more for fun like the grassroots class.

D4D

Just wait #13, the stadium, short course racing is not that far away and it will be bigger and better then the old MTEG races of the late 80s, early 90s.

And no one get all pissed off, this is not a tease, I really do not have much info other then who is doing it and what their goals are.

ProLite13

SWEET!! Cant' wait for this to happen, in my opionion this would be the biggest bang for your advertising dollar you could ever experience.

Also could be the opportunity needed to get this truck back on the track, quite possibly one of the baddest trucks Nye Frank ever built. My current pro-lite truck doesn't hold a candle to this one.

mteg2.jpg

mteg3.jpg

D4D

Just to clarify, I don't think that stadium racing can compete with CORR nor do I think that a stadium series can be as good as CORR. It is two totally different anaimals. What I meant was that if this new series happens it will be better then the old MTEG races and yes it could be better then CORR in some ways and for some people. The one thing that stadium racing will have against it is that like discussed here already, the bigger trucks do not have a place there and in today's market place to be valuable to the entire market you must have an arena for all racers and vehicles.

ProLite13

OK! Mike your clarification is about as clear as Primm was on Saturday afternoon, but I can respect your neutral position due to the investment you guys must have in Corr at this point. However, the difference in venues is night and day. I do believe that the spectators would be 100% more comfortable at a stadium race versus the dirt bowls of today. The numbers speak for themselves 20,000 at Corr versus 60,000 (12 years ago) at MTEG. Even TV would be better, also, it would triple the exposure for your product just at the races alone. Not to mention the factory interest hasn't been the same since MTEG. It seem's to me that it would be more marketable for the racer's, but you are the marketing proffesional so what would I know.

little bart

Coming from a fan I think that a stadium race would be fun but there is no way i would choose it over even a boring corr race. Some fans might see if different if they don't like the sun or heat and stuff but thats my opinion.