Dos Mares 500, Baja CA South

ONE_RJ

Reaction
I went last year. This is a great race if you have a chance to go race or spectate. They get ton's of entry's for all classes. I think I counted at least 25 class 11's and class 7 and many good Trophy trucks, class 1's & 10's

bajabird

Reaction
Here is a course map. Caretoman, do you have a gps file you can send / post?

Attachments

caretoman

Reaction
hello "compa"

i do not have a gps file but this weekend a bunch of fans, local media, promotors and racers will prerun the course on th third "Desert Turr", yes Turr no tour... we are going to give to the people along the course clothes and food...and for the kids candys, school material and soccer balls...

here are some pics from the last "Desert Turr: 2Mares 500"...

bajabird

Reaction
Hasta proxima semana! Sorry I will miss the Turr, the silt, fun, tacos, and that stuff in the red cans.......
I have lots of clothes to pass along myself. Find me in La Paz.

SPROCKET

Reaction
Awesome, giving back to the community that lets you race through their land. I will be in La Paz on friday pm to catch some of the race action. Our team owner wants to check it out and poss race next year.See ya down there, save me a pacifico.

caretoman

Reaction
great!!! sprocket... which class do you race?

this is a great race but the other promotor here have a race called Coyote 300 and thaht one is better and have better competition...

SPROCKET

Reaction
We race class one
class1racing.com

SPROCKET

Reaction
Just checking, are we still racing this weekend?
Iam still heading out on friday just making sure. My friends in Cabo say its dead down there and they think it will only get worse.

caretoman

Reaction
the race is now cancelled until the goverment agree to have massive events, as you may know here in mexico we have the swine flu outbreak, all the schools are closed until may 6th and all the massive events are canceled, but i think they are over reacting because is not that bad the doctors said that the flu is not that serious they even have the drugs to kill it; the real problem is that if the flu expands itself to a lot of people the health care system in mexico can´t help all those people, so that is why the goverment are taking those decisions

SPROCKET

Reaction
Thanks for the update, sure hope this is all resolved by the baja 500.

SPROCKET

Reaction
Bringing this back to the top. Headed south tomorrow for the Dos Mares Race.

bajabird

Reaction
Go Stan Burns team.... Mucho Suerte. I am sadly back up here in CA working, and the 5/16 down in still in Loreto. Just not enough time and money to head down to La Paz. Someone post pictures!!!

SPROCKET

Reaction
We just got back from tech(party). There was tons of 1200 cars and 1600s. Acouple of nice porters and a older racer 1. Weather is awsome , when I get back to El Cajon on sunday I will post some pics.
buenas noches

SPROCKET

Reaction
Just got back, Luis "fito" Ramierez 1st overall and in class1
Tom Bradley first 8 truck and 6th overall behind a couple of 12 car.
Had a great day in la paz