Dos Mares 500 - Cabo 500

M

memin.pinguine

The Dos Mares 500, also dubbed Cabo 500 event, planned this weekend and cancelled because of the "swine-flu-shot-down" has been rescheduled to May 15 - 19 2009
More info at Cabo 500 or Dos Mares 500

Baja_Seve

Reaction
The Dos Mares 500, also dubbed Cabo 500 event, planned this weekend and cancelled because of the "swine-flu-shot-down" has been rescheduled to May 15 - 19 2009
More info at Cabo 500 or Dos Mares 500
Bummer. You all should totally delete and abstain, or "un-dub" from any reference to "Cabo 500," since that is the scam that M.O. lures racers to and floods search engines to. The Dos Mares 500 doesn't need such a hideous association.

M

memin.pinguine

Baja Steve: Thanks for the pointer Steve. We are aware off this scumbag and been self victims of this thief, however we did not know that the Cabo 500 is also one of his fantasmas. In fact the people involved in organizing down here in La Paz did not bring that up even by talking about Dos Mares 500 and Cabo 500. Then again, I understand, most just want to forget this lying piece of @#$&

We addressed the issue with an banner and a link to a educational website about this lunatic and wannabe.

In general about the race: today is the scrutineering at the Malecon starting around 4:00 pm and most likely like the last few years open end..... ;-)

The race tomorrow with the "fake" start at the malecon and at afternoon the 'real" start at Centenario. The expectation is about 40000 spectators over the event weekend.

We are still waiting for a entry list from the automobile club and will post that on the sites as soon as we got it.... maybe manyana....:D

ONE_RJ

Reaction
We are headed to watch the race tomorrow and take some pictures. Where is the best place to be able to see the vehicles a couple of times? What time is the actual start?

M

memin.pinguine

We are headed to watch the race tomorrow and take some pictures. Where is the best place to be able to see the vehicles a couple of times? What time is the actual start?
Which start?? Fake or real??

Fake: Saturday 16. May 12:30 PM.
 Parque Cuauhtemoc - that at the little square where the tourism police has the office about 100 meters from the Hotel Arcos at the Malecon.

Real: Saturday May 16. 4:00pm

Tipracer

Reaction
Bummer. You all should totally delete and abstain, or "un-dub" from any reference to "Cabo 500," since that is the scam that M.O. lures racers to and floods search engines to. The Dos Mares 500 doesn't need such a hideous association.
You beat me too it Seve I was gonna say the same thing...

M

memin.pinguine

Tipracer; i replied to Steve's remarks and he and you are 100% correct!

However, it's a good race and many good people put lot of work in to make it happen, they deserve the recognition even if that @#$%& put dirt on that race name......

caretoman

Reaction
hi rick!!!

the start on the malecon is at 13:30 pm tomorrow...and the official start on san juan de la costa is at 4:00 pm... you can go in the course and there are some good straightways to see the racers put the gas on... then yu can com back to la paz an reach the kilometer 35 near to "la virgencita" and get in to the course or just wait them in el centenario, there are another places to see the race but maybe you can make it to see them twice... also the next week is another race called Pueblo magico 300 and starts from san jose del cabo-todos santos-la paz; we think this race will be better...

M

memin.pinguine

caretoman: who's the organizer on that race (Pueblo Magico 300)??

Demonturtle

Reaction
Can you guys post some results after the races?

M

memin.pinguine

Demonturtle: Will do - have to return from course at evening already and post a few pics. Results we try to get to as soon as possible, Stan Burns will help and as soon as i get them I post them.

Todays event on the Malecon was nada compare to last year or the years before! Had to leave at 8:00 and barely 20 cars there......

1 TT, the ex Chervantes truck, don't know who's got it now, 1 Class 8 - Stan Burns, Tom Bradley supposedly does not race - this not confirmed by us - 2 Class 1 and a bunch of the La Paz locals.

I assume the re-schedule because of swineflu plus the economic problems have a impact on that also.

Several of the guys/teams also talked about that Pueblo magico 300 next week and that it's a "better" race.

Stan Burns stated he like to go home after racing here 12 years cause there are no cars to race.....!

I'll prep and post a few more on Puro Off Road in a while

M

memin.pinguine

As of this morning we got about 90 cars to race according to our info. This is way less as announced and we are not at the start yet.

Stan Burns was quiet upset last night and blamed politics and competition of different associations to destroy the race..... cant elaborate on that.

I guess somewhat he's right with several different clubs organizing 3 races in 8 weeks or so at BCS, Dos Mares 500, Pueblo Magico 300 and Coyote 300 - why not reduce the races and make it "better" events....

Whatever, more after the false start at 12:30 with some pics from there.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
hi rick!!!

the start on the malecon is at 13:30 pm tomorrow...and the official start on san juan de la costa is at 4:00 pm... you can go in the course and there are some good straightways to see the racers put the gas on... then yu can com back to la paz an reach the kilometer 35 near to "la virgencita" and get in to the course or just wait them in el centenario, there are another places to see the race but maybe you can make it to see them twice... also the next week is another race called Pueblo magico 300 and starts from san jose del cabo-todos santos-la paz; we think this race will be better...
Thank you for the information. I need to figure out a way to have a race truck down here. There are many great races in Southern Baja..

M

memin.pinguine

Just back from the race course, the race still on. I say 35 cars in total, maybe 40 (sorry busy taking shots, no count...), 3 TT where the #38 came back about 2 hours into the race, guys talking about head problems. The other 2 as well 2 Class one sounded like @#$% coming by. I'm quiet into engines and also building and repairing for many years - I say the run the most on 7 holes.......

The next few statements are out of the "out at the race course rumor kitchen", none confirmed!

Yesterdays talk about Tom Bradley NOT racing seem to be false - at least that was his truck and in my opinion at the place been absolute the fastest vehicle passing by of all.

Stan Burns, was considering going home, send text message 10:30 at night to me saying he races. No came past! Asking around he (or who ever was driving the first stint) supposedly had an accident coming out from La Paz to the "real" start.... more at Puro Offroad when we got confirmed info.

In general I'm disappointed attending this race several years - this was by far the worst issue. As well the Malecon event, as the participation on vehicles (in sense of class + mass) as communication and support by the event organizer (basically zero and we tried hard) to obtain information.

I'm sure the racers dice it out there on the course and no want to take anything away from them, aint there fault. I think this year the mix of the swine-flu re-schedule, the economic situation and less sufficient organizing as the past years make the even look way lame compare to the others I been.

Below some pics, will prep the next 2 hours more vids for YouTube and all the pics and post them.

Last edited by a moderator:

caretoman

Reaction
In general I'm disappointed attending this race several years - this was by far the worst issue. As well the Malecon event, as the participation on vehicles (in sense of class + mass) as communication and support by the event organizer (basically zero and we tried hard) to obtain information.
we all here knew that the race won´t be as other years... we all know that the promoter PROBAJA is makeing a better work with goood and secure sponsors on their races, take a look on the pueblo magico 300 and coyote 3000 both organized by probaja

and rick... come on you have to race here!!! have a little taste of south baja racers and have a great experience and fun

M

memin.pinguine

Update: Just had a brief talk with Stan Burns, Team Burns - Loreto.
They towed the race truck from La Paz to the "real" start and the tow bar came of.......

Turned the truck over, mainly cosmetic damage, one team member had a cut at finger otherwise all ok.

So they just went back home before even starting....

ATRacing

Reaction
Here is a link for finishers and time of the Dos Mares 500 - Nothing to do with the Cabo 500!!

Just the other day, I found a page on his site where he had taken part of a newsletter I wrote and then added his own comments, like "Cabo 500 was sponsoring me" and how I said that everyone in mexico was corrupt... A got to give him one thing: vivid imagination!!

Here is link:
http://www.desertbaja.com/fv3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5969&sid=0b622cdd6e8b54d8564cfdb0f10309e3

Come down and race!
All the best
Andrea Tomba
www.atoffroad.com

M

memin.pinguine

Here is a link for finishers and time of the Dos Mares 500 - Nothing to do with the Cabo 500!!

Just the other day, I found a page on his site where he had taken part of a newsletter I wrote and then added his own comments, like "Cabo 500 was sponsoring me" and how I said that everyone in mexico was corrupt... A got to give him one thing: vivid imagination!!

Come down and race!
All the best
Andrea Tomba
Why dont you do some about it Andrea?? Your name not worth anything?? Considered you being a sponsor of that??? We do some about it... you can join at any time... Should not be a problem living in the same city as you.... know you as of being it same events yet never talked a word. :) (I'm just the booger-men roflmao)Get in touch if you you feel like it.

M

memin.pinguine

Here is link:
http://www.desertbaja.com/fv3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5969&sid=0b622cdd6e8b54d8564cfdb0f10309e3

Come down and race!
All the best
Andrea Tomba
www.atoffroad.com
You got a reply - i hope you are fair enough to read it and spread the word, not here but with whoever is so curious. Men this is so lame, I had the last 24 hours more dirt thrown at me for no reason as i ever recall