• Forum membership has its advantages....

Doubt about LOORRS and LucasOilTV

acers

Its bad enough for the fans and worse for the teams. Hard to spend alot of money on a truck build if the series is not stable. Same goes for sponsors

afortune46

I guess knowing what the newish (kinda) body coming to the table will bring (which has been repeatedly mentioned in this thread by multiple people of what they want etc) is a good thing..

The annoucement that Pro level offroad racing will continue in the midwest, and increase the number of races and much more good news isn't a positive thing to some, but it is to us that would otherwise travel west to continue.

stephenrjking

It's a positive to fans who want to continue to watch races and have a series to follow.

I understand where DailyPedal is coming from here. It would be great to hear a long-term solution, preferably with a title sponsor contract. The Lucas Midwest League announcement was more of a band-aid that was always going to be transitional one way or another; now we're waiting to find out if it's another transitional solution or if something more permanent will be in place. Competitors want this too, or so I'd surmise from what social media posts I've seen and the various commitments and decommitments to participate.

But, under the circumstances, I'll just be glad to hear that there's a series and a sanctioning body, and I'll be delighted if there's a decent sponsor attached.

afortune46

It's a positive to fans who want to continue to watch races and have a series to follow.

I understand where DailyPedal is coming from here. It would be great to hear a long-term solution, preferably with a title sponsor contract. The Lucas Midwest League announcement was more of a band-aid that was always going to be transitional one way or another; now we're waiting to find out if it's another transitional solution or if something more permanent will be in place. Competitors want this too, or so I'd surmise from what social media posts I've seen and the various commitments and decommitments to participate.

But, under the circumstances, I'll just be glad to hear that there's a series and a sanctioning body, and I'll be delighted if there's a decent sponsor attached.
Longevity is key, I was hopeful with lucas but after hearing the first year woes and the costs associated with them everyone read the writing on the wall this year.. I think what is coming will be long term provided the racers/tracks are happy. Its a great fit for all parties associated and they have a long standing history in motorsports and they have some big name sponsors they'll be bringing to the table and more especially with UTV's.

ColeA

The fan showing this weekend at the LOORRS race was pathetic. I have never seen a lucas race so empty, let alone glen helen! I understand red bull straight rythem was the same weekend and in the same area but jeez.

handmethemic

Like it or not, many of the MidWest event location, are...how do I gently say this...are in the middle of “No Where”, as far as Sponsors are concerned.
Our events in the middle of nowhere have tremendous attendance and midwest series could never get "big markets" to work, so this argument is no good.

Crandon gets somewhere in the ballpark of 15,000 people per day of racing across its two events. Bark River is probably in the 8,000 range, and Lena--a FIRST TIME SPORTSMAN-ONLY RACE IN A NEW VENUE--had around 5,000 each day this year (per my own estimations).

Charlotte (next to an established NASCAR facility) and Joliet (next to an established NASCAR facility) didn't touch 5,000 people in a single day unless I'm grossly misremembering. (EDIT: maybe Joliet the year Pastrana was there, but I don't really remember that weekend much)

ERX (45ish minutes from the Twin Cities) is on its way to good attendance but for the love of mud, please have your two days of racing Saturday and Sunday, not Friday and Saturday.

Last edited:

stephenrjking

People who have heard rumors of a new sanctioning body seem optimistic. I hope whomever it is is in this to take the racing seriously. Certain bodies have a lot of gravity but a series like this could become a rump series with little attention, as it has been with others.

Re: cities — to get “big,” Midwest short course would certainly need to grow its market, and it’s hard to tell if that is really possible or not. But the footprint already touches the Twin Cities if someone can promote it, and of course Chicago used to be an annual event. So the markets are there, but then you need to actually get traction in them. Maintaining good, affordable, baseline health and participation will be vital until that happens.

dbq61537

Our events in the middle of nowhere have tremendous attendance and midwest series could never get "big markets" to work, so this argument is no good.

Crandon gets somewhere in the ballpark of 15,000 people per day of racing across its two events. Bark River is probably in the 8,000 range, and Lena--a FIRST TIME SPORTSMAN-ONLY RACE IN A NEW VENUE--had around 5,000 each day this year (per my own estimations).

Charlotte (next to an established NASCAR facility) and Joliet (next to an established NASCAR facility) didn't touch 5,000 people in a single day unless I'm grossly misremembering. (EDIT: maybe Joliet the year Pastrana was there, but I don't really remember that weekend much)

ERX (45ish minutes from the Twin Cities) is on its way to good attendance but for the love of mud, please have your two days of racing Saturday and Sunday, not Friday and Saturday.
Not disagreeing with some of your points. Hardcores racing people like us, will go to the race, wherever it is...and love every second of it.

But, you also need...major media outlets, from larger markets, to take interest. These outlets, will bring eyeballs to the sport. Those eyeballs could be new sponsors, and fans. These new sponsors and fans, can find, Route 66 Dirt Track, easily. If they have to go, 150 miles out of their way...they turn around and go home...or they don’t make the trip at all.

While Crandon, and ERX, will always have a place in the sport, for guys like us...you still need, events in larger media markets, closer to “civilization”...For the casual fan. This would also help, with corporate Marketing, and social media professionals, from new sponsors.

CYS Motorsports

If they go back to adapting LOORRS rules for Pro Trucks, you can say goodbye to Pro 2/Pro Lite. But, if they're more UTV focused, then I can see that not really mattering to them.

Be interested to know what their standpoint is toward the sportsman racers.

afortune46

If they go back to adapting LOORRS rules for Pro Trucks, you can say goodbye to Pro 2/Pro Lite. But, if they're more UTV focused, then I can see that not really mattering to them.

Be interested to know what their standpoint is toward the sportsman racers.
I mean ... it couldn't be much worse than you've have the past two years could it ?

My experience with the group is everyone gets a voice and they do what the can to remedy things and will at least explain why things are how they are , itll be the same with the PRO classes. I can't see them changing the rules backwards from what the midwest was the past 3 years when it comes to pro lite/2/4 especially when the numbers are just starting to grow.

I think there's going to be a lot of focus on the UTV's more so then in the past - which many hate and gripe about but I don't see ford, chevy, dodge, toyota, nissan paying for advertising at the tracks like Yamaha/Polaris does. To me its a viable marketing and funding tool to support the classes with the numbers that will generate better payouts as a whole for the midwest.

acers

I mean ... it couldn't be much worse than you've have the past two years could it ?

My experience with the group is everyone gets a voice and they do what the can to remedy things and will at least explain why things are how they are , itll be the same with the PRO classes. I can't see them changing the rules backwards from what the midwest was the past 3 years when it comes to pro lite/2/4 especially when the numbers are just starting to grow.

I think there's going to be a lot of focus on the UTV's more so then in the past - which many hate and gripe about but I don't see ford, chevy, dodge, toyota, nissan paying for advertising at the tracks like Yamaha/Polaris does. To me its a viable marketing and funding tool to support the classes with the numbers that will generate better payouts as a whole for the midwest.
I do not think they will ignore the pro trucks. If they do it will not work and they know that. Is lucas still changing their pro2 rules in 2021 ?

stephenrjking

Can't imagine Lucas would walk back their commitment to the new Pro-2 ruleset. It's good for both series and the reason they didn't move to it whole hog, as I understood it, was to allow teams that have equipment that fits the existing rules to use that. Teams have been planning for that move, though, so Lucas going back to the more expensive ruleset would be insane.

I mean I'm just a fan but the truck counts in Pro 2 in the midwest speaks for itself. Not exactly crowded, but it attracted a fair number of competitors that wouldn't have a chance to bother otherwise, and the action was excellent. They're not as powerful as they used to be, but they've still got a lot of HP and clear a lot of air off of the jumps. It's great and making the podium really means something. No reason to go back to unlimited.

afortune46

I do not think they will ignore the pro trucks. If they do it will not work and they know that. Is lucas still changing their pro2 rules in 2021 ?
They're not going to ignore them - no where did I mean that in my post if it came off that way.

Can't imagine Lucas would walk back their commitment to the new Pro-2 ruleset. It's good for both series and the reason they didn't move to it whole hog, as I understood it, was to allow teams that have equipment that fits the existing rules to use that. Teams have been planning for that move, though, so Lucas going back to the more expensive ruleset would be insane.

I mean I'm just a fan but the truck counts in Pro 2 in the midwest speaks for itself. Not exactly crowded, but it attracted a fair number of competitors that wouldn't have a chance to bother otherwise, and the action was excellent. They're not as powerful as they used to be, but they've still got a lot of HP and clear a lot of air off of the jumps. It's great and making the podium really means something. No reason to go back to unlimited.
Pro 2 is going to continue to grow , it would be ideal if you could come up with a rule set for pro lite that would do the same , pro 4 is tough because of the dollars involved.. but if you throw out a payout thats similar to crandon in the fall at every round you would be able to grow those classes exponentially.

freshwillie

they should limit spending across the board in all pro truck classes. no data acquisition,dot tires,cheaper engines, no underdrive units, no exotic metals,no exotic composites. there is no such thing as a race team with a unlimited budget. its pretty easy to make these trucks cheaper and up the truck counts. without making them visibly slower to the fans.