Doug Maxwell RIP

ACME

Reaction
We were shocked to hear the news from my brother. Our thoughts and prayers to Ian and the entire Maxwell family as well as all his friends. Godspeed

On Topic - Doug Maxwell

Last edited:

Mohr

Reaction
Wow...Prayers to the family...

BUDMAN975

Reaction
Sad news for sure, sorry for your loss brother and Godspeed Mr Maxwell.

BUGGYDORK.COM

Reaction
Well I was shocked to hear about the passing of Doug. I knew what he was going through but figured he’s Doug, he can fix anything. It was very sad news to hear and I write this with a heavy heart and tears.

Years ago I bought a class 9 car from Perry or Pee Wee as he is known here on RDC. I had a lot of seat time, but had little knowledge of putting together a race program. I had a great car and a dream to one day become competitive. My first race in the class 9 car was a great learning experience. I had to check my tire pressure at the Barstow AM/PM “air and water” station and make the best of my limited tool selection. Although I ran out of gas pulling into main pit, I was able to continue and finish the race. The next day I emailed Perry and asked if he thought any of his nephews would be interested in racing together. He replied and said yeah I think one of them would be interested. That is when I met Ian and Doug Maxwell.

Over the years Ian and I raced together and were very successful in class 9, and the Maxwell’s became a second family. We won a lot of races together and Doug was there for all of them. A lot of people thought we just had a fast car but in reality the secret to our success was really Doug. He was always there helping us with the car and developing our race strategy. No matter what was going on, Doug was there fixing it and cheering us on. Even during a photo shoot, Doug was there work harder than us! He will be forever missed and I will be forever grateful to have spent a lot of time with him in the desert.

My Thoughts and prayers go out to Judie, Ian and their entire family. Love you guys!

For the Class 9 guys, Ian and Doug loved this car as much as I did!

Attachments