Down travel question

SJP12

Reaction
I just messured the "DOWN TRAVEL" (or lack there off) on my 01 S10. I did this by mesuring for the center of the front bumper then with a floor jack lifting the front end till the point where the tires are just about to leave the ground then mesured the amount needed to unload the suspension. I started at 21" and when the front tires where off the ground it was at 23 1/2"( a little over 3" of down travel). Now for my question, I'm planning on getting the "long travel" kit made by CST (upper/lower control arms with uniballs 3 lift springs and 3 1/2 lift spindals) and several internet sites that sell it claim that it will cycle "10" of usable wheel travel". How's that happen?

Where would be a good place to buy/have installed at? Are the any places near Glendora or Pasadena area that sell and install this kit?

Dillon

Reaction
Just out of sheer curiosity, only 10"? Is it that hard to get travel from an S10? Dang. Anyways, usable wheel travel is ALL wheel travel, droop and compression, simple way of measuring what you have now is jack up the truck on stands till wheels are off the ground then measure somewhere like top of tire to fender or spindle/frame, whatever. Then get a jack and jack the wheel (from under the A-arm) until the truck is about to come up off the jack stand and remeasure tire top to fender.

michael_loomis

Reaction
the newer kits are limited to 10 inches so as the minimize the insightful factory geometry woes of S-10 suspension. i have a 1st gen. kit and i have 12.5" of usable travel but my geometry gets all WACK in corners plus the added stress on frame is limited on new kits

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Duffco is in San Dimas and they can do it for you. 909-305-0533 Dan is the owner.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."