DP 2 music

blind655

Does anyone have any info about "The Evicted" from DP and DP second lap? I really like their music, but cant find anything on them.

thanks
Mike

TrucksR4Girls

<font color="red">I looked for some info to, looks like there just a local NY punk band The Evicted there site has there email and Screen names, I guess the best thing to do would contact them directly... </font color>

blind655

I downloaded some of their songs off mp3.com. Doesnt sound like the band from the video.
thanks for the help tho
mike

Curtis Guise

Administrator
They aren't from NY, the drummer is a good friend of mine up here in Nor Cal. But unfortuantely they split up about 2 or 3 years ago. The only thing they had was a 12 song demo CD (I used one song from that in DP1) Then the Singer/guitar player and bass player wanted to get back together last summer so they got my friend to play drums to record a 3 song demo so they could use it to try and find a new drummer. (Matt the drummer of The Evicted, started the band "The Black" I used one of there songs for the intro of DP1). But then the singer and bass player had their differences again and that was the end of The Evicted once again... The two songs that I used in DP2 are off of that 3 song demo from last summer.
Its really to bad that they couldn't make things work. They were a great band and I think they could have gone somewhere if they stuck with it. But that's how it goes in the music industry... We have MP3's of those songs on the server. When Klaus or I get some time we might link them from the music page of the dezertpeople.com site, along with some of the other songs in the video.

Other than being on a tight budget, I always like using smaller bands like the Evicted that have great songs because it helps with their exposure. I have allot of friends up here that have been in bands forever and its allot of hard work to get noticed even if you are a great band. But in The Evicted's case, I guess it doesn't matter because they aren't around now.

curtis

blind655

That would be cool to have thoes MP3s up someday! Yeh using the smaller bands is great. I have wound up getting a few Cds after listening to them off the DP movies.
mike