Dp tt

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
just saw the desert people tt of chet huffman headed west bound on the 91... comin back from testing in Barstow?! trucked looked a little clean haha

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
just saw the desert people tt of chet huffman headed west bound on the 91... comin back from testing in Barstow?! trucked looked a little clean haha

the DP version of the Chet Huffman TT is no longer White, blue and yellow... If you saw the White, blue and yellow paint scheme it was his geiser truck... andy has the old robby truck

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
10-4. pretty cool paint scheme if you ask me!

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
Reaction
Was on the way back from our shop for some pre-race dyno action!!!

1fastbean

Rookie
Reaction
I would seriously doubt any trophy truck makes 750-800 at the tire. I was thinking somewhere around 500 to the tire.

Some of the top Trophy Truck teams are making some serious horsepower numbers and 750 hp at the wheels wouldn't be all that off. It's been known that some are making 850 hp and some of the recent (now defunct :mad:) Corr series trucks were pumping 900 horses. You get someone like Robby Gordon who's truck is almost absolutely making those top power numbers of 900 hp at the flywheel minus the usual 20% at the wheels you end with 720 horses.

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
Reaction
I can't tell you the numbers on their truck. I can tell you that a trophy truck that makes around 750hp on the engine dyno, lays down around 480 to the tire on our dyno. Most chassis Dynos read different, especially if they specialize in fast and the furious type of cars!!! Hahahaha!!!

Andy Mac

Simply Stunning
Reaction
If this helps, our truck has seen 535 hp to the rear wheels on the chassis dyno at Kroyer's shop. We dyno the truck up there the day before qualifying for every race, and that is the highest HP #'s my guys have seen.

danzar

Reaction
there isn't a TT out there that puts 700 to the ground. It would not last

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
Reaction
there isn't a TT out there that puts 700 to the ground. It would not last
Unless they dynoed it where all the supra guys go.

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
my mistake.. didn't rea it right.. I meant that's whY they got... as for the wheel I wouldn't have a clue.. but damn Andy.. that's a lot haha!

Robert Mason

Reaction
I can't tell you the numbers on their truck. I can tell you that a trophy truck that makes around 750hp on the engine dyno, lays down around 480 to the tire on our dyno. Most chassis Dynos read different, especially if they specialize in fast and the furious type of cars!!! Hahahaha!!!
Looks like i was pretty close with my 500 hp to the tire guess then. Figured these trucks lose around 30-35 percent through the drivetrain with an automatic.

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
Reaction
Looks like i was pretty close with my 500 hp to the tire guess then. Figured these trucks lose around 30-35 percent through the drivetrain with an automatic.
you are in the ballpark. The most a trophy truck consistently put down is @ 550 on our dyno. The lowest one is around 400. Most are around the 460 mark. Can't say who's trucks make what though.
That's one big advantage when bringing your car to us. We have a lot of data on different set ups, so we are able to help teams improve their set up as well.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
...even more lost if the TT runs a V-drive.