Drag chassis

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Any one know where would be a good place to get some blue prints for a Drag race full tube chassis,
Looking for pro stock, F/C, T/F. Need to make a sister car to the existing chassis but don't want to cut it up to find out material thicknes and material specs.

Also anyone around here mess around with chassis, like break away points, and the torque absorbtion rate, etc.

Last but not least Would any one know if SWINDLE (SP) still makes cars, I know Larry still has one or two of them floating around, but they are old.

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."

OGCamber

Reaction
Chris Alston's Chassis Works has complete chassis kits to build all different kinds of drag cars. They must have a set of drawings with all of the specs laying around someplace. They have all their chassis located on the web at:

http://www.cachassisworks.com/chassis.htm

and their phone number is (916) 388-0288

Hope this helps.

Courtney Halowell
Editor, StreetTrucks Magazine
www.streettrucksmag.com

V8Ranger

Reaction
I was at pomona a few weeks back and I was amazed how lightly built the engine bay was. I can't imagine those chassis supporting 6500 hp. Its crazy

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I think a lot of the wall thickness on those chassis is around 049- 063, and still stay the same shape with all tha power/

Do we have a rule book? A rule book, sir?
You know, a book with rules in it.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
That's engineering for ya!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Some of the welds on our chsssis looks like bronze, why is that? almost like the chassis wass gas welded or brazed?

Do we have a rule book? A rule book, sir?
You know, a book with rules in it.

UndercoverFab

Reaction
i dont know of anywhere that has top fuel or funyn car chassis blueprints for sale, quite a few companys do sell sportsman dragtsre and tube chassis doorslammer blueprints though.
oh yeah top fuel chassis` are flimsy for a reason, if the chassis didnt flex the car would smoke the tires every run, some cars are even slip tube between the drivers tub and the front wheels, try to find some pics of dragsters mid run and you`ll see the car has quite a bit of arc in it.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I am a Drag Racer by birth but with a desert passion, so I know of the insane arc that these things do. Did you know that most of the chassis cross tubes are in mathamatically calculated positions to give the chassis a wicked wieght transfer. I didn't know about the slip tube I will have to look into that. Hell and I thoght changing the rear section of the chassis between rounds to get different motor angles was crazy but to have a chassis that slips!

UndercoverFab

Reaction
same for me acidrain living on the east coast i never get to see deseert racing but i`ve always like it but grew up around drag cars, anyways the slip tube isnt really a sliding tube, the bottom tubes on the car only have one end welded to the closest brace, then on the other side theres a tube with a slightly smaller OD then the ID of the other tube, anywhere from 2 to 5 sections slipped, they might have banned it though, been building 10.5 tire cars the last few years.