DRAMA AND LOTS OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!

nimrod

KOOK!
I’m pretty biased but to me Cameron Steele is the voice of offroad. I realize there’s contracts and conflicting interest that limit choices but in some of the race recap shows being put out at this time there is way too much fake drama in the voice over.
Please don’t treat us like we’re all that easily entertained. Not every minute of every race calls for a heightened amount of voice drama.

Just the thoughts of a total Nimrod.

burninfuel

Drama overload since the new generation got out of school.
Tv has been that way for about 10 years

J Prich

Those shows need less fake drama and voice overs and more bottlenecks.

J Prich

....but isn't a bottleneck just another manifestation of drama?
Yeah for sure but I interpreted the problem to be "fake" drama. Not real drama like bottlenecks, class starting orders, etc.

dhjeepgeek

But, remember. Everything is Amazing. I am so amazed. It's like there is an over emphasis on everything.

nimrod

KOOK!
For me the Fishgistics shows and the new Dirt Center YouTube show are the best things out there.

J Prich

For me the Fishgistics shows and the new Dirt Center YouTube show are the best things out there.
Its all a matter of personal preference for sure and Dirt Center is still in it's infancy but...for me personally what makes the Fishgistics show so good is that it's informal and raw...kind of Joe Rogan podcast ish...just let the conversation go where it goes under vague left and right topical boundaries. Dirt Center appears to have a different objective as a more "news" centered production but so far at least I think they could get away with being a little more natural and little less formal. Maybe that doesn't work for everyone and I'm sure there is a reason behind it, but PAB and most everyone else are at their best when they are free and conversational. The more structured it is, the stuffier it starts to feel for me.

Jimmy8

Isn't is great that we can actually have this conversation in off-road? We have so many TV channels, video platforms, streams, radio shows, and podcasts covering our sport that we can actually have a favorite and choose what we want to watch/listen to instead of only having one option? Let's look at the bigger picture, we have so many choices now, that Cameron wouldn't be able to host them all even if he wanted to.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
I’m pretty biased but to me Cameron Steele is the voice of offroad. I realize there’s contracts and conflicting interest that limit choices but in some of the race recap shows being put out at this time there is way too much fake drama in the voice over.
Please don’t treat us like we’re all that easily entertained. Not every minute of every race calls for a heightened amount of voice drama.

Just the thoughts of a total Nimrod.
Can you name some specific shows you are talking about? I didn't get a chance to watch the KOH and Desert Invitational shows the last two Saturdays because I forgot to set them to record... So I'm not sure if those are some of the ones you are referring to.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Its all a matter of personal preference for sure and Dirt Center is still in it's infancy but...for me personally what makes the Fishgistics show so good is that it's informal and raw...kind of Joe Rogan podcast ish...just let the conversation go where it goes under vague left and right topical boundaries. Dirt Center appears to have a different objective as a more "news" centered production but so far at least I think they could get away with being a little more natural and little less formal. Maybe that doesn't work for everyone and I'm sure there is a reason behind it, but PAB and most everyone else are at their best when they are free and conversational. The more structured it is, the stuffier it starts to feel for me.
The suit jackets were supposed to a joke that didn't quite translate. The next show will be less "formal" however it will still be a departure from what Fishgistics is. Fishgistics is designed to be loose and non-scripted. Dirt Center is designed to be the exact opposite and cover a much wider range of racing, so long as it still takes place on dirt.

dan200

#BSF200
The suit jackets were supposed to a joke that didn't quite translate. The next show will be less "formal" however it will still be a departure from what Fishgistics is. Fishgistics is designed to be loose and non-scripted. Dirt Center is designed to be the exact opposite and cover a much wider range of racing, so long as it still takes place on dirt.
I am pretty sure hes talking about the KOH ESPN X Games shows. All I was able to record as the KOH 4400 and the T1 shows and those had the "Dramatic Voice Over Guy". So did the Mint 400 shows. It is a bit cheesy but I get why its there. It didn't bother me but what does bother me is that something bothered Nimrod.

nimrod

KOOK!
Dan nailed it and the Baja 1000 show had the same thing.
It’s a very heavy voice over. It’s like we’re all gonna die in the next 30 seconds.

nimrod

KOOK!
I’m happy for the shows, and grateful that they’re being made. Maybe just tone down the dramatic stuff a tiny bit.

baja619

I believe it is very apparent that if there is any television package for our racing events, it is designed with a set of standards that are TV ready and turnkey for a national audience. To be more blunt, it was made for TV not for me, or for Nimrod, or for you the readers on RDC.

That being said I like the Movie Trailer sounding fellow and thought the Toyo Tire Invitational program was done very well. I was happy to see my ride made the cut, (in the background) but I sure thought that the BJ Big air was missed. I dont know if the official TV Crew caught that but it would have been awesome.

J Prich

Yeah totally understand that it's two different formats and intents. I'm sure both will resonate well, I just tend to lean more towards the informal nature of the Fish type set up. For example, Andy was way more entertaining with PAB on the malecon after San Felipe on a casual cell phone hook up then he was via Skype on the Dirt Center program. My opinion. I prefer the casual dialogue I guess.

jon coleman

need another dave despane , his baja race narations were great.also need to introduce a new award at the score banquet, 'bottle neck drama queen'( or king), it goes to the person who gets mentioned the most in post race whinney post 's, hmmm, who won this year?( so far....)

)