• Forum membership has its advantages....

Drillpress

singlehanded

I am looking to get a drill press for home use that not too expensive but is good quality. Does anybody know where there is a good deal on one. I need a standing one with at least 1/2 inch chuck and 1/2 horsepower. I found a alright one at harbor freight for about 200 bucks but I am worried it may be a little on the cheaply built side. Help I need this to get my notcher and bender working and finsh my truck up.THANKS...

local

Mike_HKmtrsprts

My father in law has the one from harbor freight, it works good for him . Im sure your not gonna use it round the clock so I would go buy that one...

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
FInd a machine shop that is going out of business or selling old equipment. You can search for them on the web. A buddy of mine picked up a 220V press/mill with bits and a spare motor for under a grand that has the ability to be used as a full production press.

Kris

"A man with a watch knows what time it is; with two watches, he is never sure" Joseph E. Shigley

JCA

I ditto Mike. The guy that built my truck used a harbor freight drill press and used it almost around the clock and it seemed to hold up pretty well.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Greg

Just look for a machine that turns really slow, you'll save wear on bits and hole saws.

Greg

singlehanded

Thanks for the info. I think I will go pick up that harbor freight one . Just wasnt to sure about the quality, but from what you guys say it sounds like it will work good.

local

singlehanded

Just called harbor freight and they have a floor model press 1hp,,5/8 chuck 16 speed on sale for $179 from the normal price of $279. Needless to say Im gonna go get it, thats a good deal if anybody else needs one, thought I let you guys know.

local