Drive Monkey! DRIVE!!!!!

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction

Man says monkey speeder is not him

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1207704

PHOENIX -- Some monkey business on Valley highways is not bringing a laugh from the Arizona Department of Public Safety.

DPS is pursuing 37 unpaid photo enforcement tickets issued to Dave Vontesmar. Vontesmar said the photos depict somebody in a monkey mask and he wasn't the speeding driver.

Not so, said DPS Lt. Steve Harrison.

"We think there's sufficient evidence, certainly, to charge him, and it's up to the court to decide whether he's guilty or not," said Harrison.

Harrison said officers have seen Vontesmar donning masks.

"Our officers actually conducted surveillance on him and observed him putting the mask on just prior to the photo enforcement zone. So obviously, he intended on speeding through the zone and was covering his face intentionally," Harrison added. "He had two masks. One appeared to be a monkey, the other one appeared to be a giraffe or some type of gazelle design."

He called Vontesmar's actions "probably the most blatant disregard of the photo enforcement program."

And, Harrison said, it is no laughing matter.

"He appears to have a significant disregard for the safety of others and traffic laws."

If convicted, Vontesmar faces up to $6,500 in fines, according to DPS.

Vontesmar is not the only speeder who is ignoring photo enforcement tickets. Last October, 34 percent of the drivers flashed by photo radar paid up; that number had dropped to 24 percent the past June.

:):)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxOgxmw6S5c"]YouTube - drive monkey drive[/ame]

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
So now some dillhole tracked this guy down on my space and figured out he works for an airline. They are calling in saying they are gonna boycott the airline if he is not fired.

On the other hand, many others are saying they are gonna show up to court in gorilla suits...which will be awesome!!!!!

Last edited:

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
So now some dillhole tracked this guy down on my space and figured out he works for an airline. They are calling in saying they are gonna boycott the airline if he is not fired.

On the other hand, many others are saying they are gonna show up to court in gorilla suits...which will be awesome!!!!!
Idiots - If everyone boycotted all the airlines that had real criminals working for them (which in my own personal experience includes meth-heads and wife-beaters), we would have about as many flights in America per day as we did on 9-12-2001...... what a bunch of ban-me's.....

Now, if he did it once or twice and got away with it, whatever.... if he did it enough times for DPS to spend time surveilling him and catching him do it, he was stupid and cocky enough to get caught. My question is this: Why in the name of Hades didn't they stop him then? That's one of my main beefs with photo enforcement - It doesn't stop any dangerous act while it's happening, and if the survieilling officers didn't stop him right then, there was misfeasance on their part.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
That movie makes me wish I still smoked, I dont think I ever laughed so hard during a movie

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
photo enforcement - It doesn't stop any dangerous act while it's happening, and if the survieilling officers didn't stop him right then, there was misfeasance on their part.
The dude was basically asking for it and got served up but, unfortunately for the prosecutors they can prolly only get him on the "under surveillance" one(s) if he lawyers up. ANd that would be iffy also. but it won't happen...:(

What sucks is this is gonna one of those deals where I bet the guy gets screwed because he won't know the proper way to go about beating this...

Secondly, i know he is going on that secret list (the one you deny exists,;)) with DPS and this dude is never gonna be able to talk his way out of a ticket ever again...

And look at his car in the pic below. Like thats not easy to notice. Like you don't already have this guys ride burned into your memory already.:rolleyes:

If I was him I would just blame the suns gorilla.:D

Attachments

Reaction
That movie makes me wish I still smoked, I dont think I ever laughed so hard during a movie
Seriously! That movie is classic!

Some people are just out of their minds these days... Driving with a monkey mask on?
WTF???

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Seriously! That movie is classic!

Some people are just out of their minds these days... Driving with a monkey mask on?
WTF???
Turns out the dude has moved away already. His job gives him this option. The dude used to be an air marshal and was basically in some form of law enforcement for like 20yrs or so and is now working for an airline.

He was on a talk radio show last night and he seems smart as hell. Chose his words carefully, (even threw some good legal terms like "Plausable deny ability" in there) and admitted no wrong doing and challenged the DPS to prove all the offenses were him. he also spoke of proof that he was in another state working when a couple of the tickets were issued and said that his family regularly drives his car while he is away which sounded like a lot of the time...

he says the monkey mask is sitting on the passenger seat of his car and anyone driving can just slip it on...

he also noted the majority of his tickets were for eleven and twelve miles over the limit. Thats the minimum speed that makes the "taping 100% of the time" cameras trigger and issue the citation...

the burden of proof still lies on the courts.

Listeners were calling in saying they were gonna buy gorilla masks also and try and spur a monthly "drive like a gorilla day" where they would all put on masks and get tickets on purpose just to stick it to the man, or in this case, stick it to the man in the yellow hat...

Attachments

Chris Tobin

Reaction
Turns out the dude has moved away already. His job gives him this option. The dude used to be an air marshal and was basically in some form of law enforcement for like 20yrs or so and is now working for an airline.

He was on a talk radio show last night and he seems smart as hell. Chose his words carefully, (even threw some good legal terms like "Plausable deny ability" in there) and admitted no wrong doing and challenged the DPS to prove all the offenses were him. he also spoke of proof that he was in another state working when a couple of the tickets were issued and said that his family regularly drives his car while he is away which sounded like a lot of the time...

he says the monkey mask is sitting on the passenger seat of his car and anyone driving can just slip it on...

he also noted the majority of his tickets were for eleven and twelve miles over the limit. Thats the minimum speed that makes the "taping 100% of the time" cameras trigger and issue the citation...

the burden of proof still lies on the courts.

Listeners were calling in saying they were gonna buy gorilla masks also and try and spur a monthly "drive like a gorilla day" where they would all put on masks and get tickets on purpose just to stick it to the man, or in this case, stick it to the man in the yellow hat...

One word: AWESOME!!!!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
He will more than likely get away with it, and thats how it should be.