DRIVE Off Road Racing - Time to pass the torch.0

dwasser

RDC Crypto
Website
www.drive-racing.com
DRIVE Off Road Racing - Time to pass the torch.

My time as “DRIVE Off Road Racing” is coming to an end. I am hoping that someone will step up to carry the torch of car and truck racing in Imperial Valley (PLASTER CITY). At this point I do not have the time needed to keep fighting the challenges facing local racing. I have family obligations that far surpass my passion for off road racing. I can’t make the BLM meetings and handle all the issues. In addition to that, my heart and passion sways back and forth. I love it, I hate it, I want it, I can’t stand it, why did I get involved?, how could I possibly step away from it? It truly is torture for me. If you have followed DRIVE over the last three years you know that I wear my heart on my sleeve and there’s no reason to change now. It is what it is.

It’s not fair to someone that wants to step up. As long as people think I am 100% committed they won’t step up. I can’t say that I’m 100% committed at this point, and to pretend that I am would be the wrong thing to do for the racing community here in this amazing place that most people consider an arm pit  (Imperial Valley). It’s time to let someone else show their passion for Plaster City car and truck racing. There are plenty of people that have spent years in this beautiful desert busting their butts to make races happen and maybe they are ready to take their passion to the next level.

For the better of racing in Imperial Valley I need to resign from my “self appointed position” of “PC Racing Ambassador” . It’s time to let someone more passionate and a hell of a lot smarter take over. 

I don’t want to see the vision of DRIVE die. It was built on friendships, heart, and community. Some of that was lost along the way but it could still continue with the right leader.

There is potential for a race in April of 2012 by a different org if it gets the support it needs. Get involved, show your support, and never assume that someone else will make it happen for you. You have to put in the work to see the benefits,

With a heavy and lifted heart. Its just time for me to let it go.

Doug

KneelBee

RDC Crypto
Doug, thank you so much for every single thing you did for racing in Plaster City. This is sad news, but a man's family always comes first. You have become a legend.

Advertising supports this site

Stone Crawler

RDC Crypto
Doug thank you for the many hours you spent trying to continue the long standing tradition of racing in PC. Doug spent many hours working behind the scenes to make sure racing in California survived after the Ca 200 working with promoters like myself sharing best practices. I used a number of Doug's techniques for low cost spectator control at the 2010 Ultra4 Stampede, and the 2011 King of the Hammers. He has been instrumental in a number of items that have been discussed at the SRP meetings this last year, and he will remain a great resource for anyone who wants to promote a race in the Imperial Valley. Thank you Doug.

Jeff Knoll

alloyz

RDC Crypto
We ran one of your races, it was very well organized. Sorry to see it come to an end, you gave it all you could and had a good run, albeit short. Take care of the family.

hendersoned

RDC Crypto
Doug, a the couple of events we did together (SNORE and DRIVE) I was/am impressed with your commitment, professionalism and in-site. Thanks for everything you have done and will do in the future, good luck. Ed

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
Thanks for all your work as PC Ambassador, your races were great. My Drive hat is now a collectors item!

coilover88

RDC Crypto
Thanks for all of your tireless work Doug. It's sad to see a rare fighter for the cause go. Hopefully you are correct in your assumption that someone will step up and be what PC needs to continue racing.

bomber

RDC Crypto
Doug, it is truly a bummer to hear that you are stepping down from DRIVE, but it is for perhaps the best reason anyone could have. We all know and appreciate the extensive effort and countless hours that you have put in over the course of three years in the PC racing fight. For all of us who raced in or were involved in your races over the years, we Thank You from the bottom of our hearts. Good luck in your adventures as a father and I'm sure we'll still see you out there in the dezert from time to time!

Now, who's willing to step up?

DUNE DUMMY # 29

RDC Crypto
Thank you Doug for all you have done for racing in Plaster City & keeping the people of Imperial Valley involved & informed. Family is first & is a good choice for you allbeit a very sad choice for the offroad racing community. I hope you are right & someone else picks up the pieces. I know there are people in El Centro trying to get SNORE back to Plaster City. Again thanks for all you have done.

talkjk

RDC Crypto
Thank you Doug for all the great fun. Question, could a new organization, modeled after SNORE be set up to run in PC? I’m thinking that the burden being carried on more backs, with accountability to each other could work. Maybe call it El Core

dhjeepgeek

RDC Crypto
We at Riff Raff Desert Racing wish you the Best. I know far to well the pull of other obligations. We were only able to make one of the races you put on , but it was a blast. Good luck with everything.
Thank You.

07FJRog

RDC Crypto
Good luck to you Doug, hopefully someone will also take up the annual PC cleanups, had a good time doing those and for a great purpose as well.

Rog

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
RDC Crypto
I've started to post on this thread at least 20 times and hit the character limit every time.

So Doug, and everyone else who made up DRIVE thanks! I wear the title under my name over there < with Pride. I was the first.

For those who never raced with DRIVE, you truly missed a really, really good time, and a very well done and organized event with awesome fun courses.

My daughters absolute most favorite home race video is the 2009 DRIVE year end awards party.

Dillon is a very lucky lil guy to have parents with as much passion as Kelly and Doug!

TreyP

"F" you Bill
RDC Crypto
A major loss to offroading. I feel your pain Doug and know you put 200% into it. You put on some of the best races ever. I am proud to say I won the class 10 championship because I supported you. email or call me when you plan the desert get together it sounds like a great time.