DRIVE / ORW Grand Prix 9-19-09

dwasser

Reaction
We are extremely happy to announce Off Road Warehouse (ORW) as the title sponsor for our September 19th race.

The ORW Grand Prix presented by DRIVE will be a two heat format with averaged times from both heats deciding the winners. Classes will be split up into groups based on normal average speeds and will run on an 11 to 13 mile course. This race will feature the PRO 1600 group and is a points race for all classes.

As part of their sponsorship package ORW will be providing event t-shirts to all entrants, volunteers, and registered media and will be hosting a post race BBQ on Saturday night. ORW will be providing the food and drinks for the BBQ and we have a special group that will be cooking the food and asking for donations for a worthy charity. We’ll announce more details about the BBQ and the charity as things get firmed up.

ORW will also have their chase truck on site Friday night at Tech to help anyone with minor issues that can be fixed on the spot. (d-rings, tie wire, minor welds, etc.)

The ORW contingency awards are being doubled for all classes at this race and they are working on an extra special prize for the PRO 1600 class winner.

Entry fees for this race only are being reduced! DRIVE paybacks and bonuses will remain the same.

Pro - $420 or $380 if you register and pay in full by 2:00 PM 9-5-09
Sportsman - $300 or $260 if you register and pay in full by 2:00 PM 9-5-09
Trophy Kart - $40 or $30 if you register and pay in full by 2:00 PM 9-5-09

More details coming soon.

We want to thank ORW as well as our other title sponsors for taking a chance with a new series. We greatly appreciate your confidence in us. We also want to thank all of the contingency sponsors that have been supporting the series and the racers.

2009 inaugural season race title sponsors so far:
TROPHYLITE
Race-Dezert.com
FiberwerX
ORW

2009 inaugural season contingency sponsors (in alphabetical order)
AGM
Amber Racing Services
Amsoil / High Desert Oils
beardesignz
Bilstein
Clarks Motorsports Imaging
Elite Auto
FiberwerX
Fox Racing Shox
Howe
King
Major Performance
McKenzies
Mendeola
ORW
PCI
Powder1
ProComm
Race Ready Products
RacerX
RB Components
Sand Syndicate
SIGNPROS
Sway-A-Way
Trackside Photo
TrailGlow
Trophylite
US Wheel Repair and Polishing
VisionX
Weddle
Zoomlenz4u.net

In addition we want to thanks the media (in alphabetical order)
CandC
JD Films
Kartman
Mwilsonphoto
Pinned TV
TNT
Trackside DurkaDurka
Zoomlenz4u.net

I know there are others but we don’t have paperwork on you, but thank you.

Last but not least want to thank all the racers and volunteers!

We are looking forward to a great race and another fun weekend in the desert.

Off Road Warehouse

Reaction
We are more then happy to be helping you out for this race. DRIVE is a great up and coming series and we support you guys all the way. We look forward to continuing our relationship throughout the future. Hope everyone shows up and gets out there. The more drivers the better! See everyone out there!

baja_racer

Reaction
Doug,
As I have said to you before, but never here...if there was a model of how to put on a desert racing series from the ground up, you have done it!!!! Every race has improved from the quality and quantity of the racing talent to the utmost appreciation to your volunteers. 2010 DRIVE series can only, barring any world catastrophy, be epic.

You and your organization are doing the right thing. You have steered clear or taken the high road when the DRIVE vs. MDR threads rear their ugly heads. You're truely a class act and have only the racers & volunteers safety and enjoyment in every decision you have made. It is my pleasure to assist with the races.

In closing, I would be remiss if I didn't mention your family, Larry and especially Brian & Amy who give so much of their time to make it happen!!! Kudos to all...

Thanks again.

The above rant was brought to you by Elite Auto Service.:D:D:D

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
yeah hopefully every one can make it out to this race and show your support to drive and everyone of the volunteers...

and please come out to the charity event it will be benefiting a very worthy cause.. i have been working on the details with the charity for a few months now and it will be wonderful to have a large turnout... and as soon as i have all the details finalized we will make the announcement right here on RDC!

I have plans for many more charity benefits during the upcoming events with Doug and the whole DRIVE crew... these charity benefits will reflect very highly on the offroad community since we will be giving back to the worldly community as a whole.

Thank You
Mike Harvey

dwasser

Reaction
Doug,
As I have said to you before, but never here...if there was a model of how to put on a desert racing series from the ground up, you have done it!!!! Every race has improved from the quality and quantity of the racing talent to the utmost appreciation to your volunteers. 2010 DRIVE series can only, barring any world catastrophy, be epic.

You and your organization are doing the right thing. You have steered clear or taken the high road when the DRIVE vs. MDR threads rear their ugly heads. You're truely a class act and have only the racers & volunteers safety and enjoyment in every decision you have made. It is my pleasure to assist with the races.

In closing, I would be remiss if I didn't mention your family, Larry and especially Brian & Amy who give so much of their time to make it happen!!! Kudos to all...

Thanks again.

The above rant was brought to you by Elite Auto Service.:D:D:D
I can't say that I've always taken the high road. Sometimes I've spoken / typed with passion and I should have bitten my tong. It's never been out of spite. We've all come to the point where we speak about what we are passionate about without slamming others.

Thank you for your dedication to the sport!

LC Offroad Racing

Reaction
Sounds like a fun event Doug. This will be my first race with DRIVE and cant wait.

tmathews

Reaction
Count me in as well !! But from a "Spotters" point view... It's going to be a fast one !!

Better pimp me a second set of eyes for this one !! :D

M.Harvey1600

Reaction

Off Road Warehouse

Reaction
Sounds like a fun event Doug. This will be my first race with DRIVE and cant wait.
Guarantee you will enjoy it. There are always tons of volunteers out there to help out all the drivers and make this a safe race.

All we need is more drivers out there. Lets go guys, show DRIVE some support and you wont regret it.

dwasser

Reaction
Sorry. I almost forgot Baja Pits. They are so stealthy and self sufficient. I usually don't even see them until after the race. They just show up and get it done.

Thanks Carlos and Baja Pits! We're looking forward to seeing you again in September.

baja619

Reaction
Are you guys gonna bring the truck out again?

Look forward to seeing you guys out there again.

We for sure would love to hammer down with the #34TT. Unfortunately this bad boy needs a fresh motor or some kind of replacement power plant. It is tired and last time it was dynoed we had way less than 500HP. But, Good enough to get 2nd overall in the last two competitions entered.

It is a very light truck with great potential. We have the drivers.

We just need some dough or free power. Does any one know those "very fast" guys from Phast Engines who just signed up on the RDC Board. We do not sport mullets but we do provide definitive ROI.

ultrablew

Reaction
Looking forward to it! Thank you ORW for stepping up and helping an awesome series with great people.

Brian & Amy

Reaction
Count me in as well !! But from a "Spotters" point view... It's going to be a fast one !!

Better pimp me a second set of eyes for this one !! :D
Tim,
You know we'll have you covered :)

With the shorter course format, the DRIVE Volunteer Team is going to be COVERING this course. We'll have a couple people for you to indoctrinate into the "spotters fraternity".

Go easy on them :D

-Brian & Amy