DRIVE / Phantom 200 November 7

dwasser

We are very happy to announce Phantom Off Road Lighting as the title sponsor for our fifth and final race of the 2009 season. Like all our other great sponsors, Phantom will be providing event t-shirts and increased contingency for this race.

As our 2009 inaugural season comes to an end we are reflecting back on our first season. There are certainly things that can be done better but we also saw huge progress within our start up series.

Here are just some of the things we are proud of:

Having title sponsors for every race this year.

TROPHYLITE
RDC
FIBERWERX
ORW
and last but not least……
Phantom Off Road Lighting

The Phantom 200 will kick off at 7:30 AM on November 7, 2009 in the Superstition Dry Lakebed. When was the last time a truck and buggy race staged out of The Sups? Part of what we want to do is bring tradition back and be innovative at the same time.

At the TROPHYLITE 200 we pulled off “Qualifying”. It was a first in PC as far as I know.

In March we held the first Plaster City desert clean-up in years with the help of District 38 and our sponsors.

During the RDC 250 we ran Tuckers Trench for the first time since the FUD days (for trucks and buggies). We also ran North of Payne Rd for the first time in 2 or 3 years.

For the night race we added the “Hare and Hound”. Yep….there were only 3 starters in class 1600 but the “hare” took home almost $900 and still has the reflective “hare” decal on his car. We plan on doing it again next year with more then one class.

The ORW GP was the first time a multi heat event has been run in PC and the drivers, spectators, and volunteers loved it. It is now an annual event that will be sponsored by ORW. On top of that we were the first to use Twitter to relay live race updates to the general public.

October 31st we will hold the second Plaster City clean-up with a joint effort from D-38 Racing Club Chickenbones.

For the Phantom 200 we will be running a 50 mile course, staging out of the Superstition Dry Lakebed and incorporating something completely new during the race.

I’m not the kind of person to sit back and count up successes. I typically look at what could be done better. I’m posting this to announce Phantom Off Road Lighting as our race title sponsor and to recognize the efforts of our core group, our volunteers, our racers, our media support, and our sponsors.

Without them none of these successes would be possible. You all deserve a pat on the back.

Now lets get to it!

ultrablew

Congrats on a job well done! This season has been a blast. I look forward to the last race, next season and many years to come! Great job. Thank you Doug, Larry and everyon that has out the long hours in at the desert to plot and mark these courses. They have been amazing and truly incorporated the very best of plaster city. Can not wait to see what November has in store!

ultrablew

P.S. THANKS PHANTOM LIGHTING for stepping up and jumping in.

tmathews

Starting out of the Lake Bed is AWESOME !! Just hope I remember how to get there... lol

Brian & Amy

Starting out of the Lake Bed is AWESOME !! Just hope I remember how to get there... lol
How fun will that be!!!!! The DRIVE family heading out to the lake bed :D

Thank you Phantom Lighting

Thank you Doug

Thank you RACERS!!!

Thank you VOLUNTEERS!!!

What an awesome season! It is amazing what can be accomplished by the energy of great people. Everyone that has ever been involved with DRIVE throughout this year deserves a HUGE congratulations and a pat on the back.

From the racers taking a chance on DRIVE, to the volunteers wanting to support this cause, to everyone that has been donating time, equipment, blood, sweat, and tears so that every race represents the best of everyone in the DRIVE family :)

I can't wait for the Phantom 200!!!!!

-Brian & Amy

baja619

Off Road racing in Plaster City was a DRIVEing SUCCESS for the full 2009 season. Thanks for all you have done Doug. We can be certain that next year will be even better.

FCORR

Doug, you have done an amazing job this year with DRIVE...we had an absolute blast at the Night Race this year...maybe the most fun of any races we went to. Hopefully we will have the funds to run a few DRIVE races next season! Good luck to all the racers at the Phantom 200!

-A.J. #1495

baja_racer

Way to go Doug!!!! That's the way to finish the season strong...let's have a great, safe race.

PS....Lets pray for cooler weather!!!

1BAJA03

For the Phantom 200 this course has alot of different terrian thrown into one great loop. I think we under estimated the total race miles for this one though its close to a 60 mile loop. Myself, Doug and Chyenne (my daughter 17 months) yeap 17 months she loves the desert and her voom-voom good times, ran the loop. For the course well I'm sure everyone is going to be pleased has the lakebed,washes,rocks,some get some, even threw in some sand dunes for ya. Thanks everyone for supporting DRIVE.

FiberwerX

We are happy to be a part of the DRIVE inaugural season!! Cool that new guys are stepping up and being a part of a great race organization.. Thanks Phantom Lighting!

dwasser

Congrats on a job well done! This season has been a blast. I look forward to the last race, next season and many years to come! Great job. Thank you Doug, Larry and everyon that has out the long hours in at the desert to plot and mark these courses. They have been amazing and truly incorporated the very best of plaster city. Can not wait to see what November has in store!
This last course is by far the best yet. I love it! Thanks you and Cully Racing for making it to every race and giving everyone a great show.

Sounds like a great way to close out the DRIVE season !!! :D
Thank you for always volunteering!

We'll post directions. Thank you too Tim for spending the time, $, and effort to come out and be our #1 spotter!

How fun will that be!!!!! The DRIVE family heading out to the lake bed :D

Thank you Phantom Lighting

Thank you Doug

Thank you RACERS!!!

Thank you VOLUNTEERS!!!

What an awesome season! It is amazing what can be accomplished by the energy of great people. Everyone that has ever been involved with DRIVE throughout this year deserves a HUGE congratulations and a pat on the back.

From the racers taking a chance on DRIVE, to the volunteers wanting to support this cause, to everyone that has been donating time, equipment, blood, sweat, and tears so that every race represents the best of everyone in the DRIVE family :)

I can't wait for the Phantom 200!!!!!

-Brian & Amy
Thank you and Amy for the countless hours organizing and taking care of the volunteers. How many times have you had to have your Super Duty alligned from driving between check points and road crossing handing out drinks and food?

You two are amazing!

Off Road racing in Plaster City was a DRIVEing SUCCESS for the full 2009 season. Thanks for all you have done Doug. We can be certain that next year will be even better.
You don't need to thank me. I need to thank everyone that has supported us.

Doug, you have done an amazing job this year with DRIVE...we had an absolute blast at the Night Race this year...maybe the most fun of any races we went to. Hopefully we will have the funds to run a few DRIVE races next season! Good luck to all the racers at the Phantom 200!

-A.J. #1495
We look forward to having you back again and hopefully with 1450.org. That race was physically and mentally the hardest one yet but a ton of fun.

Way to go Doug!!!! That's the way to finish the season strong...let's have a great, safe race.

PS....Lets pray for cooler weather!!!
Ha....You were lookin good until about 4:00 when you gave me that look. The look that said "FIND A COOLER DATE NEXT YEAR!"

Thanks for all you do DRIVE Main!

For the Phantom 200 this course has alot of different terrian thrown into one great loop. I think we under estimated the total race miles for this one though its close to a 60 mile loop. Myself, Doug and Chyenne (my daughter 17 months) yeap 17 months she loves the desert and her voom-voom good times, ran the loop. For the course well I'm sure everyone is going to be pleased has the lakebed,washes,rocks,some get some, even threw in some sand dunes for ya. Thanks everyone for supporting DRIVE.
We are going to keep it around 50 miles for this one. We have a 70 mile loop in our back pocket! Chyenne is amazing. 48 miles without a sound. I can't beleive how long she held onto that cookie. The only reason she dropped it was because she fell asleep....... on Gypsum road:eek::eek::eek:

We are happy to be a part of the DRIVE inaugural season!! Cool that new guys are stepping up and being a part of a great race organization.. Thanks Phantom Lighting!
FiberwerX is great! Thank you guys.

ocotilo

good to see PHANTOM LIGHTING stepping up to sponser the race, just got the new phantom light bar and its the best light on the market, bar none!

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
Thank you Phantom for joining the fun.
After a really long weekend, I guess I better get busy, 3 weeks to turn the car around.
Can't wait to see what surprises Doug and Larry are conjuring up for the finale, 200 miles of fun I'm sure.:cool:

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Thank you Phantom for joining the fun.
After a really long weekend, I guess I better get busy, 3 weeks to turn the car around.
Can't wait to see what surprises Doug and Larry are conjuring up for the finale, 200 miles of fun I'm sure.:cool:
GO terry go! I have three weeks to get my school work caught up! lol

phantom lighting

We at Phantom Lighting want to thank Doug and everyone else at DRIVE for the great season, and to all the racers that came together for a fun and successful first season! We appreciate all the hard work that everyone has done to let all of us go to the desert and have such a great time!!!!!