DRIVE Volunteers Night Race info

Brian & Amy

Reaction
Update for the DRIVE Volunteer Team:

Volunteer Meeting:
Saturday (May 16)
5:00 P.M.
Plaster City East (follow the DRIVE race signs)

We will be having a barbeque for the volunteers before the “meeting” when everyone will receive their equipment for the positions.

Please try to be there at 5:00. We want everyone to have plenty of time to eat, get geared up, and get out to their spots on the course well before sun down.

We have light towers for all checkpoints and road crossings will have generators and lights.

Thanks again to all the volunteers that have singed on to make this race a great event! This is our biggest race yet and the only way it happens is because of you guys/gals.

I can’t wait to see everyone out in Plaster City!

Amy and I will have the position list up tonight and volunteers will be receiving the list via Email.

If anyone has questions please contact Amy and I: (858) 485-0515

-Brian & Amy

Brian & Amy

Reaction
FiberwerX/DRIVE Racing LLC
Still of the Night 200
May 16, 2009
Luxurious Plaster City, CA

Volunteer List

Registration
1. Kelly Wasser 2. Amy Groff 3. 4.

Contingency
1. Doug Wasser 2. Jeff Wasser 3.

Staging
1. Amy Groff 2. Jeff Wasser 3. Doug Wasser, 4. Brian Groff

Spotters
1. Tim Mathews (Team Praxair), 2. Chantel Glover (Team Praxair)

Timing
1. 2. Kelly Wasser 3. Amy Groff 4.Tracy

Checkpoint 1 / RX 1
1. Joaquin Alves 2. Edgar Gomez 3.Kyle Green 4.Friend

Checkpoint 2
1. John Sexton 2. David Brigman 3. Chuck Putnam 4. Truman Rodgers

Checkpoint 3
1. Wayne Schwaia, 2. Brian Burkens 3. Bob Bailey 4.

Checkpoint 4
1. Ryan Haugley 2. Kevin Maxson 3. Michelle Ochoa 4. James Miles

Road Crossing 2

1. Tommy Craft 2.Chris Fischer 3. 4.

Road Crossing 3
1. Dave Shaw 2. Friend 3. 4.

Road Crossing 4
1. Jesse Gannon 2. Chuck Grasmick 3. 4.

Rovers
1. Chad Coptic 2. Eddie & Bill Haynes 3. Avery Moler 4. Mick Madson 5. Gary Estrada & John Marlin 6. Larry Cox 7. Joe Stokes 8.??? 9.??? 10. ???

We are still looking for more DRIVE volunteers to fill the roster, so tell your friends what a great time this is and get them out to the race!

:D

-Brian & Amy

tmathews

Reaction
Update for the DRIVE Volunteer Team:

Volunteer Meeting:
Saturday (May 16)
5:00 P.M.
Plaster City East (follow the DRIVE race signs)

We will be having a barbeque for the volunteers before the “meeting” when everyone will receive their equipment for the positions.

Please try to be there at 5:00. We want everyone to have plenty of time to eat, get geared up, and get out to their spots on the course well before sun down.

We have light towers for all checkpoints and road crossings will have generators and lights.

Thanks again to all the volunteers that have singed on to make this race a great event! This is our biggest race yet and the only way it happens is because of you guys/gals.

I can’t wait to see everyone out in Plaster City!

Amy and I will have the position list up tonight and volunteers will be receiving the list via Email.

If anyone has questions please contact Amy and I: (858) 485-0515

-Brian & Amy

Wow !! That was fast !!! :D

Brian & Amy

Reaction
UPDATED VOLUNTEER LIST

FiberwerX
Still of the Night 200

Volunteer List

Registration
1. Kelly Wasser 2. Amy Groff 3. 4.

Contingency

1. Doug Wasser 2. Jeff Wasser 3.

Staging

Spotters

Timing

1. Jan 2. Kelly Wasser 3. Amy Groff 4.Tracy

Checkpoint 1 / RX 1
1. Joaquin Alves 2. Edgar Gomez 3.Kyle Green 4.Friend 5. James Miles 6. Michelle Ochoa

Checkpoint 2

Checkpoint 3
1. Wayne Schwaia, 2. Brian Burkens 3. Bob Bailey 4.

Checkpoint 4
1. Ryan Haugley 2. Kevin Maxson 3.Megan Lopez 4.Joe Cooney 5.Rafael 6.Dylan Moore

Road Crossing 2

Road Crossing 3

1. Dave Shaw 2. Friend 3. 4.

Road Crossing 4
1. Jesse Gannon 2. Chuck Grasmick 3. 4.

Rovers
1. Chad Coptic 2. Eddie & Bill Haynes 3. Avery Moler 4. Mick Madson 5. Gary Estrada & John Marlin 6. Larry Cox 7. Joe Stokes 8.??? 9.??? 10. ???

SicRic

Reaction
Hey does DRIVE do a sweep of the race course after the race?

1BAJA03

Reaction
After the race is over we have the rovers sweep the course and bring in markers & flags on the way back to the start/finish line. Also before the race starts I do a complete lap and remark any items that may need attention. Then on Sunday morning we make our way out and start picking up all the course markers and any other items that may have been left on the course. If you're interested in helping with the race sign up with Brian & Amy and thanks for helping :)

dwasser

Reaction
Hey does DRIVE do a sweep of the race course after the race?
Like Larry said. The rovers sweep their section looking for any broke vehicles. We also account for them at timing and scoring. If anyone is missing we start walking pit row and making phones calls or radio calls. On Sunday we will pick up the markers. I will typically do 2 or three extra laps to make sure we didn't miss anything. I will be dragging certain sections after this race due the higher number of entries.

Hope that answers your question.

Brian & Amy

Reaction
FiberwerX / DRIVE Racing LLC
Still of the Night 200

Volunteer List

Registration
1. Kelly Wasser 2. Amy Groff 3. Tracy Cox 4.

Contingency
1. Doug Wasser 2. Jeff Wasser 3. Larry Cox

Staging

Communications
Darren Ballein (DRIVE Main)

Spotters

Timing
1. Jan 2. Kelly Wasser 3. Amy Groff 4.Tracy Cox

Checkpoint 1 / RX 1
1. Joaquin Alves 2. Edgar Gomez 3.Kyle Green 4.Friend 5.

Checkpoint 2

Checkpoint 3
1.Ric Sanchez 2.Friend 3.Friend 4. Friend 5. Friend

Checkpoint 4
1. Ryan Haugley 2. Kevin Maxson 3.Megan Lopez 4.Joe Cooney 5.Rafael 6.Dylan Moore

Road Crossing 2

Road Crossing 3
1. James Miles 2. Michelle Ochoa 3. 4.

Road Crossing 4
1. Jesse Gannon 2. Doug Robinson 3. 4.

Rovers
1. Chad Coptic 2. Eddie & Bill Haynes 3. Avery Moler 4. Mick Madson 5. Gary Estrada & John Marlin 6. Larry Cox 7. Joe & Joseph Stokes 8.Luis Arellano(Zoomlenz4u) 9.??? 10. ???

-Brian & Amy

tmathews

Reaction
What's the dress code / uniform for this race?

Brian & Amy

Reaction
What's the dress code / uniform for this race?
We have new (Night Race specific) volunteer shirts for all the volunteers. Keep the red shirt at home for this race :D

-Brian & Amy

usmcgunrock

Reaction
Hey sorry I am not going to be able to make it to this race to help. I just got back Friday night from 3 weeks in Bridgeport, CA for cold weather/high mountain training. Then on Sunday I go to the field again for a week. Getting ready for deployment means a lot of time away from home.

ultrablew

Reaction
Thank you for your service. Our thoughts and prayers are with you while your away.

Brian & Amy

Reaction
Hey sorry I am not going to be able to make it to this race to help. I just got back Friday night from 3 weeks in Bridgeport, CA for cold weather/high mountain training. Then on Sunday I go to the field again for a week. Getting ready for deployment means a lot of time away from home.
John,
We are going to miss you at the next race but we're looking forward to seeing you when you get back. You and your family are a welcome sight out in the desert, especially to the many racers, volunteers, and spectators you have pulled out on race day :D

Officially the youngest DRIVE volunteer :)

Stay safe during you deployment. Thank you for keeping our country safe and being one bad ass In the SNOW AND IN THE DESERT.

Amy and I will be looking forward to seeing you guys out in the desert with us again!

-Brian & Amy

dwasser

Reaction
John,
We are going to miss you at the next race but we're looking forward to seeing you when you get back. You and your family are a welcome sight out in the desert, especially to the many racers, volunteers, and spectators you have pulled out on race day :D

Officially the youngest DRIVE volunteer :)

Stay safe during you deployment. Thank you for keeping our country safe and being one bad ass In the SNOW AND IN THE DESERT.

Amy and I will be looking forward to seeing you guys out in the desert with us again!

-Brian & Amy
Also X1000

Brian & Amy

Reaction
Here we go!!!!!

Amy and I will be leaving for Plaster City this evening, so if any volunteers need to get a hold of us for any reason please call my cell phone:

(858) 395-5724

As it stands now we can still use volunteers to bulk up positions. If you have any friends that want to come out and experience the race up close and personal give me a call, or show up race-day :D

Here's the roster. A HUGE THANKS to all of you on this list! You guys/gals are the reason there is racing out in the Imperial Valley.

FiberwerX / DRIVE Racing LLC
Still of the Night 200

Volunteer List

Registration
1. Kelly Wasser 2. Amy Groff 3. Tracy Cox 4.

Contingency
1. Doug Wasser 2. Jeff Wasser 3. Larry Cox

Staging

Communications
Darren Ballein (DRIVE Main)

Spotters

Timing
1. Jan 2. Kelly Wasser 3. Amy Groff 4.Tracy Cox

Checkpoint 1 / RX 1
1. Joaquin Alves 2. Edgar Gomez 3.Kyle Green 4.Friend 5.

Checkpoint 2

Checkpoint 3/ RX 2
1.Ric Sanchez 2.Alex Hernandez 3. Sapid 4. James 5. Paul Scott 6. Mikey Day 7. Tom & Karen Gonzalez

Checkpoint 4

Road Crossing 3

Road Crossing 4

1. Jesse Gannon 2. Brian Groff 3. 4.

Rovers
1. Chad Coptic 2. Eddie & Bill Haynes 3. Avery Moler 4. Mick Madson 5. Gary Estrada & John Marlin 6. Larry Cox 7. Joe & Joseph Stokes 8.Luis Arellano(Zoomlenz4u) 76. Brian Wiley

See you all at the BBQ/Volunteer Meeting Saturday @ 5:00 PM :D

-Brian & Amy

Last edited: