DRIVE Volunteers step up to the plate for FiberwerX Night Race

Brian & Amy

Reaction
I want to thank all of the DRIVE Volunteers for coming together and putting on an incredible event. Each person went the distance during this race. There is nothing easy about running a checkpoint, road crossing, roving, spotting, etc. from 8 o'clock at night until 3:00 AM the next morning. You guys killed it PERIOD!

I will have photos of you guys and a more organized "thank you" up tomorrow.

This race was a great accomplishment and that is in large part because of each DRIVE volunteer. It is great to share our enthusiasm for racing with such a cool group of people. From the El Centro locals, to the San Diego and LA guys and gals, and the folks that came from Az. to help make this race happen, Amy and I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Volunteers make off road racing possible, and you guys definitely made it happen for this night race. :)

-Brian & Amy

baja619

Reaction
Ill say. There is nothing funner than safe SOP racing with no guess work.

RRP FABRICATION

Reaction
Thank you to DRIVE and all the volunteers! This was a great event and thanks to the rovers helping pull guys out of the washes(including our truck)! Everyone involved help make this a GREAT event! Our team can't wait till the next one!

dwasser

Reaction
Awesome group of people that all did a great job. I'm sure they are all feeling the same as me, tired. Internal clock is way off and takes a couple of days to get worked out. We appreciate what you all did to help us put this race on.

Brian has the complete list of thank you's and I'm sure he will post when he gets back to normal too.

tmathews

Reaction
It was an honor and pleasure.... Looking forward to September !!

Hopefully, it's a day race.... lol... Kinda hard to "spot" at night !! lol.

Brian & Amy

Reaction
It was an honor and pleasure.... Looking forward to September !!

Hopefully, it's a day race.... lol... Kinda hard to "spot" at night !! lol.
Tim,

You were a CHAMP! Seriously...

BTW,
Amy said "Say Hello to Chantel"

We need to all get together and trade stories about volunteering at the night race. Maybe sometime in the next couple weeks. I'm sure that the guys running road crossing 3 will chime in on their exciting episode soon..... :D

Thanks again Tim for stepping up in some incredibly difficult conditions. Like I said, DRIVE volunteers at the night race really had to go the distance. There is nothing easy about it, and everyone come together to make this a great event.

Photos coming tonight!

m80ondirt

Reaction
Tim,

You were a CHAMP! Seriously...

BTW,
Amy said "Say Hello to Chantel"

We need to all get together and trade stories about volunteering at the night race. Maybe sometime in the next couple weeks. I'm sure that the guys running road crossing 3 will chime in on their exciting episode soon..... :D

Thanks again Tim for stepping up in some incredibly difficult conditions. Like I said, DRIVE volunteers at the night race really had to go the distance. There is nothing easy about it, and everyone come together to make this a great event.

Photos coming tonight!
More like EPISODES!!!
We were back and forth between check 1 and 3, check one need some industrial bug spray, and check 3 was like the craziest Cinco de Mayo celebration in history:D
What was that chinese fire drill around midnight!!!!!!

ultrablew

Reaction
A Big Thanks to all the volunteers who made this possible. Thanks for switching your clocks to hang with DRIVE for the whole night. You're amazing people and I am so thankful for the efforts.

Brian & Amy

Reaction
More like EPISODES!!!
We were back and forth between check 1 and 3, check one need some industrial bug spray, and check 3 was like the craziest Cinco de Mayo celebration in history:D
Yeah,
The light towers at each checkpoint were a blessing and a curse. With a light tower making the checkpoints bright as day it was easier for the groups running the checkpoints to get their jobs done and the safety factor was much greater, but unfortunately it was also like a beacon for every bug in the Imperial Valley.

When Amy and I went around to pick up the light towers at the end of the race she refused to get out of the truck at one checkpoint because it looked like insect Armageddon around the light tower. :D

-Brian & Amy

CLASS 11 PRO

Reaction
Those Light Towers Rock Period , we could see them all from our spot . along with the rope lights we had put up it looked great

prscott7

Reaction
More like EPISODES!!!
Are talking about when we all went running behind are cars? :D

m80ondirt

Reaction
Thats being addressed today.
Those guys were having a good time over there. And they didn't have any bug problems like the guys at Check#1, must have been 2 million bugs swirling around their heads waiting for the racers to come over the hill!

jboysracing

Reaction
thanks guys for all your work and for the volunteers that helped pull us out after we lost our transmission fan in the beach by the trestle. we will see you guys again really soon

zoomlenz4u

Reaction
Those guys were having a good time over there. And they didn't have any bug problems like the guys at Check#1, must have been 2 million bugs swirling around their heads waiting for the racers to come over the hill!
What do you mean bug problem Matt? I thought those bugs made for a great picture.:rolleyes: Grey, Becky and the 2 gentlemen from SD at Check pt 1 were just bombarded by nature. They had quite alot of visitors. Check these out.

Attachments

m80ondirt

Reaction
What do you mean bug problem Matt? I thought those bugs made for a great picture.:rolleyes: Grey, Becky and the 2 gentlemen from SD at Check pt 1 were just bombarded by nature. They had quite alot of visitors. Check these out.
Yeah, that is the bug problem write there!!! Glad we pitted across Payne rd. from them, cuz all the scorpions and sidewinders must have been on their side of the road, right?:eek:

Sic_Racing

Reaction
More like EPISODES!!!
Yeah we had a blast!
Sic Racing always has a good time out at the race course!

Seems everybody was pretty happy on how we did our check!
:D