Drive YOUR car

TimHayosh

Reaction
Actually, my preference so far is the Cavalier. The Sunbird wouldn't Left Foot Brake AT ALL. Choices are pretty limited. But all you need it a FRONT wheel drive 4 cyl car with a hand brake. Works for me. My AWD car will probably hit the street tonight. Now things start getting dangerous!

Happy motoring, Tim

WRC

Reaction
Tim, I wish you were here in so cal, I’d be giving you hand in this rally endeavor of yours. Hopefully soon the finances will work out so as to allow me to do more than just spectate!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://wrcss@hotmail.com>Sean R.</A>

TimHayosh

Reaction
Ya know, it really doesn't cost that much to participate. Get a bone stock street car, get a cage in it, go to a rally! That's what the Production class is all about. At the ClubRally level, there are no vehicle age limits. The cage in my car wasn't that expensive. The one in George Scott's car is beautiful, I don't know how much that cost. You don't need one that fancy.

Anyway, I'm gonna try to have my car fully legal by the April 6 RallySprint in Corona. Anyone reading this is welcome to hang out!

Happy motoring, Tim

CoiloverKid

Reaction
i'm game for it!! do they give you course notes to review, co-drivers calling out turns, ect?

DJ Christopher Walken says, "Never Lift!"

TimHayosh

Reaction
John, the RallySprint does not typically use co-drivers or notes.

Also, the RallySprint will require a fully legal Rally car. This is different than a RallyCross which is what I was doing in the rental.

Either way...BE THERE! I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun.

Happy motoring, Tim

CoiloverKid

Reaction
haha. i'll have pics of the evo's soon, and i'll post them as well. also, i have a fully digital video camera and a full digital editing studio, so lemme know if you'd like some vid coverage. if i come out there, i'll definitely document the race in depth! the stills i pull from the camera are great too, so it's a perfect shot every time hehe.

DJ Christopher Walken says, "Never Lift!"

scott

Reaction
Hey Sean, I have a fleet of Saturn's over here....with a perfect E-brake, 4 Banger, FWD..... I wonder if the chicks would mind????? Hehehe

How do you stop a Taliban Tank ????
Shoot the F#*%CKER pushing it !!!!!

TimHayosh

Reaction
Scott wondered: "Hey Tim, can you enter a "run what you brung" type of thing???? Just Wondering??

You can at a RallyCross. A RallySprint requires a full SCCA legal car. It took me a while to figure out the difference.

This is what I was trying to encourage with this thread. Go to a RallyCross with your regular street car, get introduced to rallying, and have a great time! (Bring a helmet if you have one.)

Happy motoring, Tim

TimHayosh

Reaction
I suspect this RallySprint will be very spectator friendly. The official link is:http://www.shults.com/rallycross. It has four dates listed. I would recommend contacting Scott Bottomley at: ralmeister@aol.com or Gabe Pari at gabepari@webuniverse.net for more information.

All these events typically welcome spectators.

Happy motoring, Tim